• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Wishlist - STASIS Thermal is ready for wetwork

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YAY!!!
I've been following this thread since you started it, and I'm anxious to see what your group can do. Your GPU cooler is most impressive, I can't wait to see some numbers. I know theres plenty of other knowledge communities centered around cooling, but it feels good as a consumer to see someone actually producing something by "request". IIRC your first interests were "what would we as the people like to see", and here it is. On behalf of all of us here, TY for your hard work and valuable time.

Cheers.

would like to take a step back if i may... i offer what might be able to be done to make this reality....
Stewie said:
Indeed it would, but modding the MCP350 as Cathar and others do effectively ruins the pumps compact size. With both barbs pointing in a horitzontal direction, you can shove it hearly anywhere (i.e. 5.25" bays), but with a barb sticking straight off the top, I'm willing to bet you may need up to (3) 5.25" bays to accomodate the barb and subsequent tubing curve.
and
frenzy20 said:
I think it would work. Just don't really have a barb, have the top of the mcp350 attached to the bottom(reccesed to fit in the bay). Or something like that.
I would be happy with just a somewhat inexpensive replacement top for the mcp 350 with 1/2in barbs instead of 3/8 and the better performing arrangement.

now i wont mind loseing 2 5.25's as i only have one cd drive.... now the way this could be done and allow for the use of the moddded 350 would be to have a small section on the back of where the res would sit cut out for the pump to be attached either by being permant or other method... i would choose the former as not to have problems down the road. Wish i could draw to get this idea across anyone willling to help here... This res/pump unit i would like to see.

Last edited:
Evilsizer said:
would like to take a step back if i may... i offer what might be able to be done to make this reality....

and

now i wont mind loseing 2 5.25's as i only have one cd drive.... now the way this could be done and allow for the use of the moddded 350 would be to have a small section on the back of where the res would sit cut out for the pump to be attached either by being permant or other method... i would choose the former as not to have problems down the road. Wish i could draw to get this idea across anyone willling to help here... This res/pump unit i would like to see.

??????? :confused:

how so...take the res and have the back cut out to fit the pump in the cut out and have the pump modded for more flow. thus not haveing to take up more room by having the moddded pump placed on top or bottom of the res... like i said i need a to make a pic... hopefully someone gets what i am saying...

Uh...This is the thread about Stasis' gpu block in production...

Back on topic, I'm kinda dissapointed that the micro jet idea isn't going to be in the final design, but I understand and the block right now still looks like it will be awesome in both performance and looks :D

I'm kinda jumping in without reading all the posts, so if this has been asked already then sorry; just point me in the direction of the answer.

How much does the block weigh?

Later

Alright, now that you have mastered the gpu cooling, how about RAM cooling? So we wont have to run fans on our RAM to have a quieter system.

Thanks

chunkeymunkey25 said:
Uh...This is the thread about Stasis' gpu block in production...
umm the topic says "Watercooling Wishlist - STASIS Thermal is ready for wetwork" dont see anywhere in there about gpu's....

I originally created this thread so that the community could provide ideas and feedback. Faithfully, I have kept people up to date on what's happening, and have implemented as many aspects of what people are looking for into my latest part, the STASIS Neptune NV6800/7800 waterblock.

Since this thread should now once again be returned to a feedback/ideas repository, I'll go ahead and break away with a seperate thread for the new waterblock. :)

Happy New Years!

bump

anythoughts on using the layout in the video card cooler and expanding it to be used on a cpu? could make it a one size fits all and have mounting hardware like swiffy for the different platforms...

I have an idea for RAM cooling, but it depends alot on space between RAM slots. So you would have to make different blocks for different MOBO's which wouldnt be cost effective. Darn.

My position on system ram cooling is that good heatspreaders and some airflow will go along way...there simply is not practical means of cooling DIMMS with water from what I can see.

The merits of going to the trouble of water cooling your NB chipset are also debatable, especially now that the memory controller functions on Athlon64 based systems are integrated into the core. Motherboard manufacturers such as Asus have really stepped up their efforts to keep things cool as demonstrated by their impressive new heatpipe setups. Ultimately, clearance constraints and the staggering number of mounting systems have made me reconsider any producing and watercooling products for chipsets - at least for now.

With the first limited batch of Neptune NVx.1's nearing completion, I am expecting to be able to start shipping review samples and fulfilling the first orders towards the middle of next week. Pricing will be disclosed on the STASIS website, and the eStore will be the only point of distribution for now.

Following the release of the NVx.1 development of X1800/X1900 units will commence. Additionally, a high end CPU waterblock is currently under development... :)

I know that all they need is airflow, Im just trying to aviod putting a fan on them since Im going for a really qiet system.

How much CFM would you need to blow over RAM? Not trying to hijack your thread, sorry.

Thanks

shawkins unless you are seriously overvolting your ram (3.0+ maybe more) you dont need that much airflow on them. The fans from your radiator (assuming it is internal) will probably move more then enough air to keep your ram cool. Now if you are running at much higher voltages then having a 60mm or 80mm low speed fan pointed at them would be enough and a wisper quite 120mm on a side panel would also work.

jkresh said:
shawkins unless you are seriously overvolting your ram (3.0+ maybe more) you dont need that much airflow on them. The fans from your radiator (assuming it is internal) will probably move more then enough air to keep your ram cool. Now if you are running at much higher voltages then having a 60mm or 80mm low speed fan pointed at them would be enough and a wisper quite 120mm on a side panel would also work.
You know i was just thinking about this while I was installing my RAD. The fans will be pushing air right over the RAM,so I should be fine.

I know its impractical, but I think it would be cool to see. :p

Back