• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird NCCH-dl boot problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albaholic

I finally got my dualie up and running, but whenever i make changes in the bios or just plain ol' reboot. it doesnt like to boot the 2nd time around. Unless i use the rocker switch on the psu to turn it off for a few seconds. After that it boots ok. Also no matter what, after post it gives me a POST interuppted or overclock fail msg press F1 to continue or press DEL to enter setup. That said, Im running

Antec Truepower 550w EPS
Asus Ncch-DL
2x 1.6.lv D1 stepping under IWT now running at 181x16 via clockgen
2x512 cheapo ram
40gb WD HD
Liteon DVDR
9800 pro

Aside from the boot issues, it runs rock steady... Its been running 4 instances of prime for almost 24hrs without a problem.

Thanks for any help in advance

I don't have that weird boot problem. Mine instead waits about 20 seconds after a reset to bring up the BIOS screen. That's an awful long pause if you ask me. Maybe if I OC my CPU's the pause will be reduced :)

i know some people had probs cause the back plate for the wind tunnels digs into a trace on the back of the board andshorts it out. I know it is true for the pc-dl but it may also happen on the NCCH-DL. I know it is a shot in the dark but it is about the only thing i can think of

do u happen to know which socket this is under, I think I remember reading something about that before but i dont remember where.

on the pc-dl it is socket 2 but i would check both of them just to be safe

The problem may be taht you ar erunning 166 FSB and raising it to181.These boards are flawed with the 166 setting..I would power doown clear comos and try again ..I would also run them at a 200FSB setting and lowest multiplier with athe vCore mod to 1.6 .

so in BIOS, I should drop the FSB to something lower than 166 and use clockgen after? Cuz I reset the cmos and it still gives me the same problems. Oh yeah i forgot to mention I did U-wire these xeons already

In bios lower Multiplier to lowest..Then set Jumpers for 200 FSB..Then power up.

Rpkole said:
i know some people had probs cause the back plate for the wind tunnels digs into a trace on the back of the board andshorts it out. I know it is true for the pc-dl but it may also happen on the NCCH-DL. I know it is a shot in the dark but it is about the only thing i can think of

Not possible on a NCCH-DL unless you don't install the back plates right.

There are stand offs and a huge bumper to keep the back plate off the MB. Its just not going to touch, it can't happen.

{PMS}fishy said:

There are stand offs and a huge bumper to keep the back plate off the MB. Its just not going to touch, it can't happen.

i would seriously be worried if somebody could get their backplate to touch the back of their sockets :)

and yes, there are serious issues with the 166 mhz fsb setting. basically, it just plain doesn't work :)

{PMS}fishy said:

sorry I was not very clear this pic might help

Those are back plates for 400/533 MBs. The Noconca MBs like the NCCH-DL use a totallty different retention system.

{PMS}fishy said:
Those are back plates for 400/533 MBs. The Noconca MBs like the NCCH-DL use a totallty different retention system.
yeah, mine dont look like that, i guess i dont have to worry about it

Back