• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What about Gigabye Odin Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

as1248

Registered
I'm Going to buy a new computer:

I7-860
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD6
two of Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB in Raid 0
SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB
Gigabyte Odin pro 800 W
Gigabyte Sumo 5115

and I idn't see anyone who mention Gigabyte Odin pro 800 W!
Is it good or not?

First off... WELCOME! to OCForums! :welcome:

There are very limited reviews about this PSU... I personally would avoid it to be on the safe side...

#1...Reccommended PSU brands are Corsair, Antec (specifically signature series) and Seasonic... there are others but these are the most common.

#2...An 800w PSU is overkill for your system... you could easily get away with a good Branded 500w PSU

a corsair VX550w would be pefect... however if you wanted modular the HX650w is extremely good... and if you feel like spending loads of money the Seasonic 650-x is AWSOME! I was going to buy it myself... but managed to get a Corsair HX620w for less than half the price. (matches my color scheme too)

EDIT :: Did not realise there was a review on jonny guru for this... but 800w is still overkill... the 550w would suffice... but i'd still go with any of the ones I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Back