• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think about hybrid cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

northenosprey02

Hybrid cooling was not adopted widely so hybrid cooling solution was rarely seen. However, there's two hybrid cooling solution from different vendor is:
1. PCCooler OC3 W120
The China based cooling manufacturer was creating first hybrid cooling for CPU cooler. The cooling performance can able to compete with closed loop water cooling (especially Intel RTS2011LC) even just using air cooling (without assisted by water cooling). If you have this hybrid cooler but wanted to WC them, it has G1/4 block for water cooling system so it making them transformed to hybrid cooler.
2. Arctic Accelero Hybrid
Seems not 'true' hybrid cooler, the VGA cooler can cooling high-end VGA card. Unlike PCCooler OC3, you can't installing them with DIY water cooling system. You should depend with closed-loop water cooling.

That's only two cooler that I know...

So... What your opinion about hybrid cooling?

Sorry for bad English :D

I would say it is useless unless if it has good value. Pure water cooling is superior without question so if you want the best and can afford it, go that route. Otherwise there are very good air cooler and all in one water coolers so there is no need for a product like this. I believe the Arctic Accelero uses the fan to mainly cool the chipset of the graphics card, not the GPU.

All water cooling could be considered hybrid because you ultimately use a metal heat sink and air to cool the water.

It does remind me of a vapor chamber, where water inside a heatsink boils and then becomes vapor, then is cooled down to water.

Do you have any reviews of that Chinese thing?

Check out phase change cooling if you want to have your mind blown.

I believe the Arctic Accelero uses the fan to mainly cool the chipset of the graphics card, not the GPU.

It uses the closed loop water for the core and air for the RAM VRM cooling (which you would do with a universal GPU block as well)

Do you have any reviews of that Chinese thing?

I have them, but in Indonesia and you should translate them to English.

And the news about this thing from techPowerUp

Correct.. We just reviewed that unit BT, check out the front page for details.

As far as the OP, the combo stuff is gimmicky to me. I would just get a H80/H100 or air, not a combo part. Seeing how this is only sold in Asia, not sure how much help we will be with that product being a US based site (though of course people all over are members, its just not sold to the vast majority of us).

it looks like a "shemale" to me :rofl:

"total" hi-end air cooling or "total" water FTW

I even still consider the today closed loop as a "stock air cooling" as intel/amd shipped with their cpus :D

Back