• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is some good (yet cheap) ocing ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i don't see why that mushkin ram wouldn't be a good oc'er. my geil value ram can do 6-2-2(ran it like that for two days at 166mhz) and oc to 220mhz. my ram has default timings of 6-3-3

i think someone's just bs'ing u.

ya mt 3000 is locked, my fsb is stable at 217 and if i try to go any higher it wont be stable, i tried 218 and 219 before (never messed with timings though) and couldnt get it stable, i tried 220 and messed with the timings, i increased each by 1, even put the vdimm to the max (2.9) and put the vcore to 1.9 and still wouldnt run stable. It runs fine at 217 with out any memory timing changes. the vcore is at 1.8, and the vdimm i think is at 2.9 but im sure it can run with it lower. I had it at 217 before but i dont remember what my vcore and vdimm was. I just put it at 1.8 and 2.9 so i wouldnt have to test again.

Some people overlook this part in the computer when overclocking, but you may want a upgrade for the PSU. (I just saw that you have a Raidmax PSU) :cry:

When i got my switched my generic 450watt PSU with my current Sparkle, it went WAY higher and could do much more than before when i oc'ed. :clap:

ya im gonna get a fortron 530w psu in a week hopefully, its just that my rails are stable (well there always the same with mobo monitor, but i should check witha volt meter) but ya i just want the new psu for braggin rights and i want 2 psus so i can test stuff

hopefully i can reach a higher fsb

Back