• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the hottest the water coming out of a waterblock can get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma422

I am new to water cooling and am getting ready to put my system together. Here is a list of the components I have:

DangerDen MazeP4 Skt478 Waterblock
HWLabs Black Ice Xtreme radiator w/ 108CFM 120mm X 38mm Fan
DTek Customs Polished Aluminum Reservoir w/ 144GPH Rio Pump
Air Trap made out of a large plastic pepper shaker.
Water Wetter

I am wondering if the water coming out of the waterblock can get very hot. My concern being in the if the air trap can handle the heat of the water. I am using one of those spice bottles they hold ground black pepper in and the walls are thin, but not flimsy, plastic. I ran the air trap for about 10 minutes with the hot water coming out of the tap and it seems to be able to handle it pretty well. Will the water coming out of the waterblock get that hot? Should I be concerned about the plastic weakening? Thanks.

even with the relatively low flow of that Rio,
you'll see less than a 1^C temp rise

but I'd not put anything so flimsy inside my case !

be cool

BillA said:
even with the relatively low flow of that Rio,
you'll see less than a 1^C temp rise

be cool

BillA, thanks for your reply. Your reply brought up another question though. You say that my pump is "relatively" low flow, what speed pump would you suggest? Is 295GPH too fast or too slow. I plan on having no more than 5 to 7 feet of 1/2" ID tubing for my system. Do you think that 144GPH is too little. Thanks again.

all depends on the heat load
you'll be fine

but get something stouter for that air trap

be cool

Back