• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the normal speed Of XP2500+ Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chriske

Hello,

I just wonderd what is the normal speed of my XP2500+ barton.
The speed he is turning now is 1885 mhz, Is this normal?

As for the reading being 1885 where are you getting this reading bios, mbms, sandra, etc etc etc.

Thx for answering
Yep, the reading i get is 1.85 just in properties of my computer in windows XP

This might seem alittle funny but right now I'am running @ 1330 and my system says its 1.34. For some reason no matter what i set it to in bios the reading on the desktop is always about 10mhz higher. I use wcpuid, sandra, 3dmark, prime, cpuz, cpucool, and pcmark all show the speed of my cpu to be allitle higher then what it is set @ in bios.

Well you're probably setting it to something like 133 x 10 in the bios, but the bus speed will actually be something like 133.7 or so.

its not the cpu, its the mobo, i think. the nforce2's oc the fsb slightly. My old msi kt266a had spot on bus speed. personally i would like it if i could figure out a way to make the bus speed on my cpu 400.00 and not 400.91, i like exact numbers, lol.

Yeah it's up to the motherboard manufacturer, not the chipset or the cpu. Some of them try to cheat a bit and actually set the bus speed to 1mhz or so over what you set it in the bios at.

Back