• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What looms over the horizon.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, here is what I'm going to have next week
2 RTX 2080 Super Black
3 RTX 3080 XC3 Black
As for the GTX 1080 SC's I may retire them maybe not, don't know yet. Got 10, currently have 8 running, may keep 3 or 4 folding.
So what PPD do you all think that will net me? :rofl:

p.s. I am now officially done will buying video cards till next model comes out :rofl:

Last edited:
Well, here is what I'm going to have next week
2 RTX 2080 Super Black
3 RTX 3080 XC3 Black
As for the GTX 1080 SC's I may retire them maybe not, don't know yet. Got 10, currently have 8 running, may keep 3 or 4 folding.
So what PPD do you all think that will net me? :rofl:

p.s. I am now officially done will buying video cards till next model comes out :rofl:

Ballpark 32 to 34M PPD depending on the exact cores and WUs you get.

Have recently added 3x 3070Ti to my farm and retired 14 GPU (6x 750Ti, 7x 970 and 1x 980Ti). Was folding on 40 GPU and currently have 29 GPU folding. Estimating that the farm power usage has decreased about 800w and ppd increased a few million. Still have 7x 980Ti folding, which are overdue for retirement / upgrade.

Hawk, my linux 1070 have power limit set 130w and fold with very little impact on ppd. Perhaps you could keep additional 1080 running for more ppd with same total power consumption. The older cards fold well with ~70% power limits.

I can't keep all the 1080's running, 4 will be repurposed for other PC's, both 4P's will get 1 (no folding) and 2 gaming PC's will get 1 (no folding).

Good on y'all, prices for the 30 series still too rich for my blood...

But it's good for Team32! :)

prices are falling. Was able to order EVGA 3070Ti Gaming yesterday for only $750+tax with free shipping from NewEgg, but looks like they are out of stock tonight.

prices are falling. Was able to order EVGA 3070Ti Gaming yesterday for only $750+tax with free shipping from NewEgg, but looks like they are out of stock tonight.

That's about $100 less than I got mine for a few weeks ago. 👍

I think I got a bum steer on the used 3080 I got, with both my 1st 3080 and this used 1 in the same PC, with the same WU the used card is putting out half the points the other card is.

That sucks! Any possiblity it was a counterfeit with a BIOS flash? Or just run hard and crippled?

That sucks! Any possiblity it was a counterfeit with a BIOS flash? Or just run hard and crippled?
I think it's just bad luck, the SN on the card matches the SN on the box and nothing looks tampered with, so it's a good chance it was run hard.
Well I'll see how my next 2 cards run, got 2 NEW 3080's to swap out with 2 1080's and see how that goes.

Ok, all is going great, now to get the next 2 3080's setup then move my 2 2080's from AMD systems to an Intel system so I CAN RULE OVER YOU ALL!! :rofl: :chair:

Back