• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Mobo for an xp 2100??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XPogiGTIVR6X

hey, what mobo would be good\fastest for a XP 2100, with 512 Megs of the Fastest DDR out? also, there shouldnt be huge Capasitors, or bad placement of the Sockets\slot for clearance of a big heat sink, needs to run cool, and Quite, with out using Liquid cooling. with a UDMA of at least 100, anything faster is great, but not going Raid, or SCSI. Thanks all!!!!

Kr7a-133. The 133 will give you better options in the future. They are excellent overclockers and you can use pc2700 ram on them. I always suggest raid for system expansion but it is not a must. If you want true pc2700 support though, wait till the KT333a comes out and than get Asus or Abit. Abit is a lot easier to overclock by the way.

The best air heatsink is hte AX7 by thermalright, hands down. Don't forget a side case fan can lower CPU temps by upwards of 15 degrees.

Hope this helps, any other qs, PM me.

nicspits said:
Kr7a-133. The 133 will give you better options in the future. They are excellent overclockers and you can use pc2700 ram on them. I always suggest raid for system expansion but it is not a must. If you want true pc2700 support though, wait till the KT333a comes out and than get Asus or Abit. Abit is a lot easier to overclock by the way.

The best air heatsink is hte AX7 by thermalright, hands down. Don't forget a side case fan can lower CPU temps by upwards of 15 degrees.

Hope this helps, any other qs, PM me.

There won't be a KT333A chipset I do believe that VIA skipped over the original KT333 design and released what would've been the KT333A as the KT333.

Back