• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What monitor size do you use? [Old]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What monitor size do you use?

• LCD

Votes: 217 29.1%
  • CRT

Votes: 52 7.0%
  • 19" and smaller

Votes: 151 20.2%
  • 20" - 23"

Votes: 318 42.6%
  • 24" - 26"

Votes: 215 28.8%
  • 27" - 29"

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • 30" - 35"

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • 36" - 49"

Votes: 36 4.8%
  • > 50"

Votes: 18 2.4%
  • Rock and chisel

Votes: 12 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using my 32" 1080p Sharp for almost a year now...love it and will never go back to a "monitor". Any I can play Crysis at all "high" settings on my 8800GTX at native resolution. I'll be able to play with all settings at "Very High" when my HD 4870 twins arrive next week ;).

Check out the link in my sig.

wallhanging2.jpg

wallhanging3.jpg

Crysis3.jpg

Dell 2407WFP. Hopefully getting a second one soon.

Ballz iz this picture big LOL

Attachments

• TEST.JPG
    TEST.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 3,113
I use 2x 19" Fullscreens.

20" Fulls would be amazing but too expensive.

Anything widescreen below 30" isn't worth it to me. I don't have a 30"+ because they're too expensive, but I'm not that interested anyway, I hate widescreen.

I have two 2007FP from Dell they let me keep the one with 5 dead pixels. But i dont have the desktop space for 2x2007FPs and since i run SLI i cant run Dual monitors can i?

Hey anyone have any tips on making a HD TV work on my computer.I have a 32 HD TV that when i bought it i hoped i could useit to game etc.But i cant use it as my main monitor because the computer wont see it.I have to switch over to it after i boot up.The TV only has a VGA port.and two HDMI inputs and i have DVI to HDMI cable but still i get the same thing.The TV has PC mode also but it doesnt work with the HDMI.The only time i was able to make it work right was off my friends Laptop.By the way its a SYLVANIA LC320SS9

Last edited:
I have two 2007FP from Dell they let me keep the one with 5 dead pixels. But i dont have the desktop space for 2x2007FPs and since i run SLI i cant run Dual monitors can i?

You can make dual screens work one way or another. From what I've seen, you can add another videocard that isn't in SLI (assuming you have a board with 3x PCI-E slots) and configure it to support 2 additional monitors. I've also seen EVGA offer some solution where you can connect your monitor to a USB adapter and actually get another screen that way. It's not the easiest thing to do but I know I've heard stories of people getting it to work.

Here's the Samsung, taken with a shaky hand and an iPhone. :)

loldidz002-1.jpg

And no, my desk is never that clean.

24" Dell, and a 12" TV if I need to have it hooked up.

Man the other one wasn't out dated ;) I had my 24" back then... wow thats a long time.

I'm running a Dell FP2001 LCD and a 61' Samsung DLP. Use the FP2001 " when the wife wants to watch TV. Give me a few to find some batteries so I can snap a few pics.

2hcltp0.jpg

miic83.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's about time this thread was started. The old one was quite long in the tooth. Speaking of long in the tooth, my main rig is still using the same 22" CRT from the last poll. I don't want you to think I'm stuck in the stone age as every other rig in this house has a flat panel. (My bedroom rig sports a 42' LCD, but I rarely turn on the computer in there) This old dinosaur serves me well and I still prefer it's picture quality to any of the others. Besides, I'm too drunk to move this thing anywhere. :beer:

R7

17" and soon a 32", I just voted for both. I use a laptop with a 17". I ordered a 32" Samsung for my dorm and I'll occasionally plug my laptop into that for movies. I'll post a pic when it gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back