• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes an electrical hookup for the igniter. It can burn kerosene or diesel. I got off road diesel in it now, which stinks pretty good, but is cheap. Highway diesel would stink less, but costs more. Kerosene would stink the least, but is most expensive.

The eves on the garage are open, so there is airflow. I only run it for 5 to 10 minutes at a time as well so I think its pretty reasonably safe.

k just be careful heh lots of guys have feel asleep and never woke up using thos things. most of them are used under tarps or parachutes to do work in the cold and they have the end stuck out side to keep drawing in fresh* air.

kerosene probably the safest with least harfull fumes followed buy the propane version.

usually diesel will make you sick tho before you pass out typically so long as somethings cracked open usually ok.

CO2 / CO poisoning is silent and quite fatal, it shows up as delerium/drunkenness. By the time you're in a dangerous level you're too out of it to notice/care.
Keep an eye on your fingernails, bright red is CO poisoning, purple/blue is CO2.
Either one it's time to get out chopchop.

CO2 / CO poisoning is silent and quite fatal, it shows up as delerium/drunkenness. By the time you're in a dangerous level you're too out of it to notice/care.
Keep an eye on your fingernails, bright red is CO poisoning, purple/blue is CO2.
Either one it's time to get out chopchop.

Also CO binds almost permanently with hemoglobin in the blood stream, so it is much more dangerous than CO2.

This arrived today from G.Skill's RMA dept, ram is dated last week...:rofl:

Absolutely unbelievable, I think I'm a G.Skill fanboy for life now.
nofkingway.jpg

Thanks for the CO warnings. These things are supposed to have oxygen depletion sensors that shut them down if exhaust levels are detected as too high, some sort of legal regulation since 1982 from what I'm reading. Only running it for short periods to take the bite off or warm up my hands and feet seems to work well and is generally regarded as safe, as I also see a lot about mechanics using them in garages for hours on end. I might get a CO sensor/alarm to plug in while I'm out there, but I'll need to remember to bring it in when I'm not out there as I'm also reading that those go useless if left out in the winter time.

Food for thought. If I turn up dead, somebody make sure they put "should have just benched in the cold" on my tombstone, along with my most recent superpi32m score.

No way to hook em to my psu yet and I don't trust the thin cables I have ATM... I'll begin working on a pwm splitter asap cause I'll have my MVG by Friday and I'm getting a free 775 board today xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back