• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what order should i oc my 2500+ mobile?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thenerd

1. raise fsb 5mhz at a time, stress test for half hour for every raising, all the way to 200mhz, then stress for 1 hour
2. raise multiplyer 1 at a time, stress half hour at a time, till 11, stress for 3 hours.
3. raise vcore by 0.25 if necessary

or

1. raise fsb straight to 200mhz, stress test an hour
2. raise multiplyer 1 at a time, stress half hour at a time, till 11, stress for 3 hours.
3. raise vcore by 0.25 if necessary

or

1. drop multiplyer to like a 5
2. raise fsb 5mhz at a time, stress test for half hour for every raising, all the way to 200mhz, then stress for 1 hour
3. raise multiplyer 1 at a time, stress half hour at a time, till 11, stress for 3 hours.
4. raise vcore by 0.25 if necessary

I'm leaning towards the last method, but my friend say the 2nd one will work for a mobile processor. suggestiosn?

Here is what I do.

1. Drop in the mobile (it will boot real low, like 900mhz)
2. Do 200mhz (assuming nf2 ultra chipset and pc3200 or better)
3. Go up by 5 until 230mhz.
4. Go up by one mhz thereafter.
Raise mem volts as needed until you get to where you dont want to or cant put anymore through.
(these are post only)

Then you get the highest posting fsb.

Now, set back to 200fsb.

1.Put multi at 10.
2. Increase multi by .5 increments, increasing volts as needed/wanted
3. Find top speed within 100mhz
4. start increasing fsb by 1mhz increments

Now you have highest posting clock

Then, go back about 200mhz from that and start booting to windows and priming.
Find fastest prime stable.

Finnaly, find the fastest prime stable fsb that is as close as possible to highest clock.

Good luck :)

what if i just want to oc to 11x200? do i need to drop the multiplyer before raising fsb?

Back