• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what to use for gaming on HTPC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enhanced

hey guys, its been awhile. hope everyone is enjoying the holidays! :santa2:

what do you all use to play games on your HTPC's? i mostly play FPS games and have always played with keyboard/mouse rather than a controller. the last controller i actually played a lot with was my old N64... the biggest problem i have now with a keyboard/mouse and my HTPC is that i have to sit on the floor to play and with the keyboard/mouse on the floor it really kills my back after an hour or so, even using a coffee table the floor is hard on your legs. so what do you all use? i thought about getting an xbox 360 controller but i havnt decided for sure yet.

Most don't game on their HTPCs. I however use a MS bluetooth keyboard and mouse, I sit on the couch with the keyboard on my legs and the mouse beside me.

Most don't game on their HTPCs. I however use a MS bluetooth keyboard and mouse, I sit on the couch with the keyboard on my legs and the mouse beside me.

hm, does that work ok? i have an IR keyboard/mouse combo but it doesnt work so well... bluetooth would be much better

I game on my HTPC, mostly older arcade games that I can play with the xbox 360 controller. When I play games with a keyboard and mouse in front of the TV I have a 1' x 2' piece of wood that I rest the keyboard and mouse on while I sit in a chair. As long as the chair is comfortable and has good back support I'm good for a few hours of game playing.

I used to play CS:S in my living room on my 50" Samsung every night. I just use some good old wireless keyboard and mouse, it works fine w/ me. and I just sit on the floor (with a cushion inbetween!) and use my coffee table.

Back