• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to use to cut lucite?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hatecc

I bought some lucite from a home improvement store, and I needed to cut it.

I tried a hacksaw, that didn't seem to be doing much to it at all...

For straight cuts, I use an acryllic cutter, only costs a couple of bucks. For design or circle, I use a dremel. You can also use a jigsaw(variable speed) with a plastic cutting blade.

stool said:
For straight cuts, I use an acryllic cutter, only costs a couple of bucks. For design or circle, I use a dremel. You can also use a jigsaw(variable speed) with a plastic cutting blade.

lol Same here and it works fine, if i needed a circle to look really nice though i would sand it (with normal papaer) or buff it with the dremel...

yeah, the lucite cutting knife gives nice straight cuts, it can get tiring scouring it, but it produces the best straight cuts. I also use a dremel with the dremel router table to make more intricate cuts

i've got a holw saw for the blowhole.

but i need to make straight cuts to get it to fit in my case window.

this lucite knife, is it a blade that fits in a hacksaw or something?

nope, just a sharp rigid knife, you scour the line you want cut mulitple times, then just break along the scour line

Back