• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What viewing angle should I look for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BPM

I'm assuming a higher viewing angle is better, right?

I'm looking at 2 monitors.

The 19" Dell has 140° Horizontal and 130° vertical.

The 19" NEC has "85U/70D/85R/85L", so I'm assuming I'd combine those to get 155° vertical and 170° horizontal, correct?

Both of these have 8ms response time, so would I notice a difference in the viewing angles?

Well if those numbers are right for the NEC, then that would be alot better. Means you can view it at almost any angle side to side... and top to bottom is good too.

Overall i don't know which monitor would be better, i never really seen either of those models upclose before.

Personally, I think viewing angle is overrated. I generally sit right in front of my monitor viewing it straight on(or almost so). Thus, greater view is moot.

Well, I ended up getting the Dell (1907FP) and its great :cool:

Like you said, viewing angle doesn't even come into play unless you don't view the monitor straight-on, which I doubt many people have their monitor set up that way.

Back