• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whatcha's Think ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I was going to make a web site only for networking, butthat was to much work heh, and besides it would have been there to help people and what a better way to do that than with forums ;) Can you's check it out and lemme know what you think is wrong with it and if it needs any other sections ?

here

it's only being hosted offa my computer for now. I know it needs users lol" but ive got the fix for that" and it needs a logo.

Nice and clean forum, i like it.
Hmm may i know what OS is your server? or maybe the whole spec of your server?? Also what connection you have for it??
MameXP,

is it slow or something ?

anyway it's windows server 2003 enter prise edition, running the latest offical version of apache,php & mysql. it's not the quickest it's only a p2 350@466Mhz with 256MB sdram 2-2-3 i believe, connection is DSL 8down/1up mbit.

That was a very good looking forum. You could possibly add a Security section, but make sure you state that it is Security only, not how to exploit other computers.

[thread hijack] DANG... where do you get 8mbit/1mbit DSL.... daddy wants! [/thread hijack]

I just recently PM'ed a couple mods suggesting we have some sort of a RF forum dedicated soley to the WIRELESS networking hardware, software and other technologies in addition to amatuer radio and what not. It could encompass cordless phones, cellular, micro-wireless, amatuer radio, satellite, photo-cellular, etc.
How about your site?

We here OC'ers could greatly benefit from some am. radio guys in a wireless forum, everything is going wireless now, it is hard to group internet, networking and security into one topic for a forum, dont ya think??? Its a side of signals that many of us still need to get familiar with...

Cool forum man!

Ok :) I'll just make a section under General networking for Wireless :)

Hey, DDR...I can't access it. It's showing an error.

EDIT:
NM...I hit refresh and it loaded. It looks sweet, man! Can I be a mod? :D

it looks like a cross between these forums and Protonic.com.

nerdlogic said:
Hey, DDR...I can't access it. It's showing an error.

EDIT:
NM...I hit refresh and it loaded. It looks sweet, man! Can I be a mod? :D

it looks like a cross between these forums and Protonic.com.

if you want :) your pretty smart with wirless networking :)

YAY!!! :D So how do I go about becoming a mod? I just register and you make me one?

nerdlogic said:
YAY!!! :D So how do I go about becoming a mod? I just register and you make me one?

yup, it'll let your register, but after you fill everything out then click register it'll take you to another page with some php error dont mind that its because I dont have my SMTP server up yet. but you can still log in :)

im gonna restart the server right away too " i gotsa fix something"

WOW first you got lots of money to buy that MS win2k3
Second where did you find that 8mb/1mb from?? What service is it?? How good you think the service is?
Dont mean to hijack but i'm relly into that connection

Okay. Let me know what you get it back up so i can register.

Let me know what you get your server fixed and when you're going to have the forum on 24/7. :D

I'm almost done :) I just finished installing windows :) I just need to remember how to enable sound on this thing haha

Chrisdafu said:
Hes probally using the free trail version from MS. I have it sitting here. Nothing it can do that *nix cant do better. :D

Heh I've got the Redhat 9 discs here too :) I actually use this computer too :) so I like windows on it :) and no my server will never expire lol.... its not milk ;)

GGGGRRRRRRRRR, before I formated i backed up everything with the tool, now I'm trying to restor the file and its not working :(, i have to add all those agian

[edit] :D yup I got it restored :) I had to use phpmyadmin :)

[sigh]/edit] ok haha finaly after llllllllooooottttttttsssssssss of time spent trying to configure it I've finaly got it perfect, now.... I just need to make my logo agian :)"forgot to save it" hmm mactually it's probably on my other computer temp inet dir, ill get it tomrrow :)

Last edited:
lol why win2k3 for the server
It will slow down a lot. TRust me, my server is a customed Gentoo, will all the goodie like mod_gzip php accel and it runs damn fine
spec pii350 256mb connection 3mbps/640kbps

OH you dont even need any gui
Mine after boot uup, used only 17mb mem so i have lots mem free :D

Welp, I added two mods to the forums :) "statistics & oen tha tshows if the user is on/offlinme" they should have those both built in IMO, I'm gonan do the quick reply one later on today too :)

Back