• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's a good show off game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattTheMan

Registered
I finally got my new system together, running a p4 1.6@ 2.1, and a g4ti4200. I've never really been in to 3d games (because up until now I've had a crappy card/sytem), so I don't know what games are good. I want one that will show off my new system. And since I'm a poor college kid, I would preffer if it were free or if it had a demo I could download.
Thanks!

i don't know about a demo but Medal of Honor is pretty good for showing off you system. also, you could turn on 4X AA in 3DMark2001 and run it in a loop.

i dont remember gta3 looking that good last i played it... i dont like the car textures, they were ugly. oh yeah and if there was any rain or fog then i could barely see. that was a few driver releases ago, its probably fixed by now. man gta3 was buggy as hell at first, what a terrible port! (the game on ps2 was pretty damn buggy too, lol)

A couple of sim titles:

WWII Fighters and F/A-18, both from Jane's and both in the remainder bin at your local EB for about $10.

EA's F1-2001, also a leftover cheapie that makes systems cry.

Commanche 4, this has become a DX-8 benchmarking standard. If you can pull more than 40FPS at 16x12, you have a monster of a system.

BHD

i never had any problems with gta3 except the 'no textures at the start menu ect' problem.the game definatly needs a good system to play on. i do find it a little grainy and dull for my taste - but its such a good game that i really dont care! you get used to it, and its much, much better than the ps2 original

FREE GAME!!!!!

Americas Army. Its like Counter Strike but with better graphics, so I've heard.

GTA3 definalty.

It only looks **** if you turn the trails off. I have to turn them off on a P4 2.1 w/640mbs ram and a voodoo 5. Simply cannot play with trails on.

No misstype, I reckon when trails are turned on you get better image quality.Its just imposible to play though when turned on.

I play with it off cos it runs better off. But the image lighting is less realistic off. Thats my opinion anyway.

Back