• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the difference between abit Kt7a and kt7a-raid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusk

Registered
I read over some mobo reviews but still can't find what I want to know. Anyone who own kt7a-raid can help me explain a little more? I'm planning to buy this board so any comment would be great.

The abit KT7a-RAID has an inbuilt raid controller - you need at least 2 hard drives though to use raid, so it might not be of any use to you. The only other real benefit of the RAID version is the extra IDE connectors you get, meaning you can add lots of hard drives and cd drives later if you want - with the KT7a you're limited to 4 in total, 2 on each IDE connector. Here's what Abit has to say about raid on their website, it should explain it pretty well I think: http://www.abit.nl/english/techterm/io.htm#15

Thx rob that help alot, although I thought the raid has something to do with the ATA/100 or was I reading the wrong thing?

the raid has something to do with ata100. it supports ata100 otherwise you could only use ata66 hd's in your raid array or ata100 working@ata66. i love raid, don't wanna miss it! u'll see

alex

Back