• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats wrong with my internet?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El-Scotto

My pc's wireless connection is very slow. We have a cable modem connected to the router (linksys g) in the room right below my comp. and I have a Linksys Wireless-G pci card. My powerbook which is sitting right on the desk with my desktop gets much much better speeds than the desktop why is this? I just updated to the new firefox version on both and on the powerbook it dl'd it at aroun 160kb/sec while on the pc im chugging along at 1.4 kb/sec...not only do downloads take longer but also just browsing the web, some pages take awhile to load up :(

When my linksys B wireless slows down, I reboot the router and after it shows connection I right click and repair, most of time that does it. If not repeat above after rebooting router(be sure to give router time to sync before resetting router). Hope this helps

LSC_YA said:
When my linksys B wireless slows down, I reboot the router and after it shows connection I right click and repair, most of time that does it. If not repeat above after rebooting router(be sure to give router time to sync before resetting router). Hope this helps

what do mean by give it time to sync? im not really that knowledgabke about routers and networking, i just thought it was really odd how my powerbook on the same connection as my pc is dling stuff at cable speeds and my pc is dling at dial up speeds :/

but thanks for the help ill try resetting it

Back