• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where do i find distilled water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hc1001

well....this might be a dumb question but i cant seem to find any place that sells distilled water.... is it poland spring?? i dont think so since poland spring is spring water and might have minerals in it.......but i asked a worker and they pointed me to poland spring...i was like, are u sure this is distilled water??? plz help

Your Super Market should have it.

It is even used in cloth Irons to keep them from calcifing.

It will say "distilled water: on the container.

Grocery store, any descent FULL SERVICE STATION. That is if they can be found outside the South... You're looking at what? 25-30 cents a gallon.

-Toysrme

NO! you do NOT want spring water! Even tho I love real spring wells(my grandparents still flows well) AND the fact that they're etter than 90% of the other water. It's not for computers. It'd be no worse than just putting normal water in your computer.

You also don't want botteled water. Just Distilled.

thx for making it more clear to me....well, the supermarkets here dont ahve any. but now i kno what distilled water is used for, ironing!

Yeah i've got a question too. I went to the pharmacy/chemist the other day and asked for distilled water, she handed me a water with a label on it saying "Purified water" and told me that it was the same thing. Was she telling me the truth?

Maybe not the definant answer you're looking for, ;) but she should be.

-Toysrme

It's not just used for ironing, but also you should use it to mix with coolant for you car's radiator, among other things.

Basically distilled water has all of the minerals and crap "distilled" out of it, so that when you use it it won't leave mineral deposits in what ever you're using it in. That's why you use it in waterblocks, radiators, irons, etc.

Right moor in that the reason we use it is because it has no minerals or deposits in the water.

The main reason is that we use it is because God forbid any of us get a leak. Distilled water dosn't conduct electricity as bad as tap water.

As we all learn in chemistry, water isn't conductive. It's what's in water that conducts electricity.
-Toysrme

Back