• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is better? 1 or 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

patrickholliway

Registered
I have what may seem to be a dumb question, but I am new to this and don't have a clue. I recently have purchased an asus cusl2 board to begin my upgrade adventures. I currently have 64mb of 4 clock ram, so I am trying to learn the new stuff. I know the difference between pc100 and 133. But can't find 150 anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong places or missing something. Anyways, my question, besides that one is this.....
The asus maxes at 512mb -- is it better to get 2 256mb chips or 1 512mb chip. Which setup will give me greater capabilities of pushing the mobo to its limits?

thanks

2-256 that way you can take one out if needed and it should cost less.
150=150mhz rated top speed.
133=133mhz, ect.

thnks placid,

I just found the Asus cusl2 site forum. According to them the cusl2 has a ram limitation against the 1 512mb chip anyways. Looks like it will have to be 2. I also found a link for Crucials 256mb cas2 that I will probably order.

patrickholliway said:
-- is it better to get 2 256mb chips or 1 512mb chip. Which setup will give me greater capabilities of pushing the mobo to its limits?

thanks

performance wise 1 512mb is better ..we are talking about memory arn't we?:)

Got 256 of crucial pc133 - will start there and prob add another one later! Coming from current 32mb i think 256 will be good start.
thanks

Back