• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which ram to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
fine with me, it was a full reset though, it went back to full stock settings, we could try it with another bios though if we wanted.

If those are on a WS revolution it makes me think my MIVE should run them ok, it spat out Bnova's Hypers.

Would be a vast improvement over my 9-11-9 27 ddr3 2400's

I want to try the hypers again in your next board, I don't think your bios profile was as cleared as it was said it was.
It spat out the same ST Chrome Hypers on IMOG's MIVE too...

I might need to manualy set the voltage for them before they are put in the board. I have had ram in the past that when undervolted wont post.

These were the mushkins, they run on my ud4 at stock and at 1600-6-6-6 happily enough.
We'll see, maybe the low level bios Hyper update from shammy will help.

Houston, we have a problem. 7-10-7-27 = BSOD. Heh. We discover the down side of PSC chips. They work fine with some timing combinations, and you can change any TWO, raising one and lowering another...but there is a breaking point in any given combination. Heh.

I haven't raised the voltage yet, so there is hope. Just not right now b/c I don't have time to dedicate to benching and then reducing the voltage again. This chip has a strong IMC and I'm not trying to leave it > 1.65 for extended periods. Sorry for the delay. :-/

These look good. 2133Mhz 8-9-8-24 hokie already tested them if I read correctly in an earlier post. I just bought them myself, waiting for the egg to deliver. I can also post my results when I get them. I was considering that exact set of GT's but went with the G.Skill because it has better performance out of the box. So you could get burnt buying the 1.5 stuff if it doesn't scale on SB.

Got me some sticks that do 6-9-6@ 2200. I'll post up some results in the lounge :D

Just for clarity, I did not test that particular kit, I tested my DDR3-2400 kit at those timings.

Back