• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why are dyes bad for your system????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Res is nice and clear, and the block cleaned up really easy. A little bit of discoloration on a bit of the copper, but nothing bad.

nice but you have to make it sound like it was hell in a hand basket to clean them or people wont listen to the, "this is why you dont use dyes speech"!

Lol, it took an alcohol bath, and scrubbing with a toothbrush to clean the block. What kind of gunk will come out of the rads is more concerning to me.

well being that you didnt see any performance drop i think you may have lucked out!

My prediction is, you'll keep seeing some discoloration or small bits of gunk in the loop over a long period of time since the rads are the hardest to clean over everything else.

If I had very deep pocket and wanted fancy colored fluids, I would most likely just scrap the rads for new ones.

Wow!

So. I guess this means that even dyes will break down over time and clump up... I always thought it was just plasticizer being stained by the dye.... That's why we did this experiment.

Bottom line still remains: Use coloured tubing! :thup:
If you want colour, don't use dyes. Coloured tubing for sure.

Wow!

So. I guess this means that even dyes will break down over time and clump up... I always thought it was just plasticizer being stained by the dye.... That's why we did this experiment.

Bottom line still remains: Use coloured tubing! :thup:
If you want colour, don't use dyes. Coloured tubing for sure.

+1
Thats why I went with black Tubing . Fit the colors I wanted and way less light for growth.

My next maintenance I'm also getting black tubing along with some fresh PTNuke and of course the gallon of distilled. My loop will still match since my case is black with white interior and my parts are black & white. It'll go together nicely :D

Last edited:
Back