• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is it that...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsquared_uk

OK, can anyone explain to me why the top guy from [H] submitted 28 WU's on the 7th and got 879 points, and I submitted 36 on 10th and I only got 342? I mean I know there's a difference in the scores on the units, but that just seems a little too different to me... or what do you think? At that rate I'm getting less than 10 points a unit!

Hmm.... maybe you got landed with Genomes.... or just poor workunits.

Do you have your client set to just get folding units? By default it's set to no preference. You may want to double check that.

OCn00b said:
Do you have your client set to just get folding units? By default it's set to no preference. You may want to double check that.

What should it be set to?

It should be set to fah, not gah. Genome@home units are worth squat. If youre using the text client (like you should be!) then it will ask your preferance after the line "change advanced settings?"

I am using the graphical and I just set it to folding, now I just need to figure out how to get the SSE boost.

There's probably something in the .cfg file for the text client. There may be a difference in the ports too like there is for tinker and gromacs.

*edit

I guess not, server 125 has gah listed as port 80 and 8080

*edit

Actually after doing some looking, I found THIS I didn't read the whole thing but it shows how to add the folding only flag to the console.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link OCNoob...I was actually asking what to put in the client.cfg file to make it keep fah since I already have the client up & running configured with no pref.

Oh, after it's already installed I don't know if there is a way. If all else fails, you could always just reinstall :)

You can edit the client.cfg file, but I'm not sure what number fah is. 0 is no pref...Are you running fah proteins only? Can you go into your client.cfg file (using notepad) for me and let me know what number it says for client type?

I'm using the gui client but if it's under "client type" I have type=1 and I chose only fah units.

Ok, I downloaded the console version and set it to only fah units and this is my cfg file.

[settings]
username=OCn00b
team=32
asknet=no
machineid=2

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=yes
usepasswd=yes

[clienttype]
type=1

[core]
priority=0
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
ignoredeadlines=no

I'm not sure. If you go in order of the choices they give you, 0=no pref. 1=fah and 2=gah. I don't use the console version so I can't give you a definitive answer.

No problem nerdlogic, I'm generally not helpful around here so it's cool to be helpful(maybe) for a change :)

Back