• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why won't my 2500K go past 4.5GHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm glad to see that you got it up and stable. Where is the voltage when you are at idle?

As I stated previously LLC at level 5 actually will cause more vdroop than level 1 (no idea why ASRock would number it that way). So if you run LLC at 1 your voltage under load will go up, as opposed to go down (which I prefer as I figure under load it will need more voltage than at idle)

When I idle I am at 1.21 or lower voltage. It goes way up when it goes under load. Temps at idle are rediculas though. I get temps in the 20C range at idle. And that is in summer when it is 90 degrees outside. Ambient temps are about 20C in my room.

This is my first build I have ever done, and I got done building it a couple months ago. So I really have no idea what other MOBO's do with their LLC. Sorry I can't be of help on that.

I havn't tried with i5 so remember that, but when I had a e6600 at 3.6 ghz speeding up ram would give 1-3%, not much but we're the kind who re-route a loop for 2deg off a gpu.

Above, and for benches btw my exp. has been that mhz esp. with ddr3 gives more bandwidth in sandra than timings. latency matters I guess, you don't want it too high but you'll notice if it is.

Command rate is what mattes mostly I guess, but an ssd will make everything a-ok anyway.

Already got an SSD. 128GB Crucial M4 :)

Sorry for spamming the replies. Lol.

One thing. I just ran IBT on Maximum to see what the max temperature I would EVER see would be. First time I ran it, PC BSOD's. Second time same thing. So I set my RAM back to stock settings and upped the Vcore to +150, and now it is stable. It is still hitting a 1.40 Vcore, and it jumped to 1.43 for a split second.

The temperature that I saw was 85C...

I never thought I would see that. But now I know. I think that is the Max that the CPU should ever be at. So I think I am good. What about you guys?

First part -- use the edit button to avoid double/triple posts :thup:

Secondly, those temps are still in a fine range, I tried to keep my vcore 1.4v but for only short bursts it is fine up to 1.45ish.

Back