• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spr12

why should I return the 800 they are all the same lot as far as I heard only the cco sucks because it is the 133bus stock. I thought that since I am using the 800 cbo @ 100 I could coerce more out of it than my 750. I was using an alpha before my senfu and my buddy had the 800 @ the same fsb posted higher to 125, I have cheezy memory and vid though. So for the marginal cost I gained a few mhz more. I do not see how the stepping is a pain I have my 800 @ 120 all day and it idles with rain 2.0 @ 24c the only thing I don't like is that since I have this bios prob. I can't use the multiplier in soft 111 and I also can't up the voltage I am running stock voltage @ 120 no prob I try to benchmark or burn - stab. test @ 125 and it locks. Also I have to use cpu boost every time I restart and I can't go higher than 120 presently due to voltage. Is there a prog where I can touch the voltage on the fly? like the fsb? If so that would work Any other info would be appreciated thanks spr

The multiplier of the 800 is 8.0 x 100 and hence 8*133 is 1067. The core of the 750 chip will reach 133Mhz FSB easier since this would equate to 1000Mhz.

Any speeds slower than 1067Mhz on a P3 800 constitute a great strain on the PCI bus. But you seem to want to ignore this based on the fact that you got an extra 50Mhz for a few extra bucks.

I could buy a Celeron 766 for less than £100 here in the UK, but I'd rather buy a Celeron 566 for £80 since they are a much better overclocking chip.

I trust that this clears matters up for you somewhat.

Back