• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will This Power Supply Do The Job?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Setsukos

Registered
I bought it because its with rebate and promo code and I'm on a budget. The system details are in my sig.

I'm alittle concerned that one reviewer said it has low voltage... will this thing run fine on the setup?

Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU ATX 12V 2.0 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, FCC, and CB certification
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052

Brand Thermaltake
Model W0100RU
Series Purepower

Type ATX 12V 2.0
Maximum Power 500W
Fans 1 x 120mm fan
PFC No
Main Connector 20+4Pin
Dual +12V Yes
PCI-E Connectors 1 x 6Pin
SLI Support No
Modular Cabling Support No
Power Good Signal 100-500ms
Hold-up Time 8ms(minimum) at 80%
Efficiency > 70%
Over Voltage Protection +5V output 6.25 0.75 V
+3.3V output 4.0 0.30V
+12V output 15.0 0.6V
Input Voltage 115/230 V
Input Frequency Range 47 - 63 Hz
Input Current 9A @ 115V, 5A @ 230V
Output +3.3V@22A,+5V@32A,+12V1@14A,+12V2@15A,
-12V@0 .3A,+5VSB@2A
Approvals UL, CUL, TUV, FCC, and CB certification

Connectors 1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 12V (P4)
8 x peripheral
4 x SATA
2 x Floppy
1 x PCI-E
Features Complies with ATX 12V 2.0 Version
Low noise 12cm fan and mirror effect casing
Protections against Input Protection, Over Power, Over Voltage, Short-Circuit, and No Load Operation

Thanks for the help :D

Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

It'll do the job, but if you decide to get a higher end video card it won't handle it. I would'nt expect an extreme overclock with it either. The trick to finding what psu works best for you is pretty simple. If you're going SLI then you get a dual 12v rail psu with a combined amperage of 36a or better ( 18a X2). If you're going to stick with a single video card, then you'll want a single 12v rail psu with 30a or better.

Also I would'nt expect a high overclock with that unitas it will underpower the system during heavy loads (gaming and such) and you'll wind up with reboots and BSOD's.

Sometimes getting a super deal isn't worth it. Maybe you should check out the sticky located Here for more info on what psu works best for your setup/budget.

Thanks for the replies. I went with it because I didnt want to go with the 500w Raidmax PSU that came with the case and it would only be for a few months.

I plan later to get a 600w OCZ.

As long as it will handle everything fine for now I'm happy. I got it $30 shipped

The one thing to remember is not to skimp out on the power supply. Hopefully that psu will hold you over till you get a better one. I'd hate to see your rig suffer instabilities due to it.

Back