• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 10 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TorqueRanger

I have been running Win10 for while with no issues.. But lately the system has been running 100% drive and I tried a couple different methods to fix it and ran antivirus and antimalware programs and found nothing ... Today my system crashed and came up with a disk error and Win fixed the problem after several attempts.. My question comes as do I preform a clean install or run the system as is ???

Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
It sounds like a possible hard drive problem, what hard drive storage are you using and are you overclocked or at stock speeds.
Maybe list your entire system specs?

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT with 120mm Scythe S-Flex F fan
ATi Radeon HD 7870 XFX Black 2GB HDMI 2XDVI GDDR5 1050MHz Core Clock
OCZ Agility 3 180GB SSD
Asus Xonar DX sound card
Dell 23" LCD UltraSharp U2312HM
Antec nine hundred case, two front 120mm fans, one back 120mm Fan, one top 200mm fan
Corsair RM850 850W

Welcome to the forums.
It sounds like a possible hard drive problem, what hard drive storage are you using and are you overclocked or at stock speeds.
Maybe list your entire system specs?

Sorry my setup is all stock and here is my spec
Alos the issue started in my storage drive then it moved to my SSD where it stayed..
CPU = AMD FX-8320
Motherboard =MSI 970
RAM =G skill sniper 8gb
PSU =Seasonic 850w
Current Video Card = Powercolor R9 280X
SSD- Samsung 850 EVO
Storage- Samsung spinpoint 1tb

I am backing up my data now and when I ran Smart disk I get Uncorrectable Error Count -Fail .. I am not sure what that means..Also Windows say I alot of free space because it's just a os drive but Samsung Magician says something different..

You need to run a manufacturer diagnostic from DOS, from boot up media, not Windows.

If you can't repair the drive that way, request an RMA using the results of the diagnostic...

You need to run a manufacturer diagnostic from DOS, from boot up media, not Windows.

I am running the SSD as a external hard drive on my laptop and I thought Samsung Magician was the manufacturers software ? Is there another software for Samsung SSD ??

The manufacturer will usually ask you to run their software and to tell them the error code their own software gives you before authorizing an RMA number.
Their long scan and fix option from DOS (not Windows) can sometimes repair a drive - but if it can't - then you just tell them what you did with their own software and they should replace the drive for you.

Running these manufacturer diagnostic scans before ever using a drive for the first time is actually recommended because the alternative is to find out there is something wrong with the drive the hard way, like you did.

Updates

I ran Crystal Disk and the software found no errors and ran perfectly fine .. But Bitdefender found some virus or something but I wound up just wiping the drive and starting over .. Also some how I got Samsung Magician to update firmware which is a huge problem on the web..
Would you guys be able to suggest a Free antivirus software ??
I am running Bitdefender and MalawareBytes right now..

It depends on what you want.
Something that will actually prevent the latest versions of malware because their definitions are among the best when compared to most others...
Or something 'easy to use'.
You can't have both.

This one is a pain to properly set up (unless you buy the Professional version) but their definitions remain some of the best to this day.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...10-Antivirus?p=7848061&viewfull=1#post7848061

Back