• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 98

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
One of my friends has a computer running Windows 95. She wanted to upgrade it to Windows 98, but instead of buying the upgrade she bought the full version. Can she upgrade and keep her old stuff or will she have to format and start all over. She doesn't have a CD burner to back up files either.

I believe the full version is better anyway. I would recommend that she format and start from scratch. If she got partition magic, she could put in a partition and save her files. Or if you have a spare drive, you could install it as a slave, save the files to it, and than put them back on her drive after the format/install. Being sure to partition her drive so she could format and reinstall from now on without losing everything. Or, there is a CD RW at newegg for $55.00 right now. Just some ideas.

Klownin79 said:
One of my friends has a computer running Windows 95. She wanted to upgrade it to Windows 98, but instead of buying the upgrade she bought the full version. Can she upgrade and keep her old stuff or will she have to format and start all over. She doesn't have a CD burner to back up files either.

Just stick the cd in while the comps on, a prompt will pop up sayin ur version of windows it outdated, would u like to upgrade?
click yes and ur set =)

Back