• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Store Games Warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
absolutely for AAA games. For example Rise of the Tomb Raider is graphically intensive. And we will be seeing Quantum Break be a windows store-exclusion with obscene minimum/recommended requirements:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/769890-Quantum-Break

Kenrou said:
DirectX: DirectX 12
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790, 4GHz or AMD equivalent
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
VRAM: 6GB
RAM: 16GB
HDD: 55GB available space

Wonder if it has something to do with having lesser performance from running in the mode listed.

Didn't realize AAA titles were offered through Windows Store, my fault.
Mind immediately went to games I've seen on there; Minecraft, Sudoku, etc.

Four words; Games For Windows Live.

It baffles me how Microsoft continually makes decisions like this.

It honestly seems that Microsoft is out to get the pc user and drive them away.

Likely, don't forget they gain a lot more by selling consoles and respective games :sn:

Well that's pretty lame... Funny that I heard they are giving away Quantum Break for W10 if you preorder on the XBOne and if it has to be played on their store with those limitations I don't see the point in even having it on my PC.

was reading something, apparently crossfire and sli are supported, as long as the game dev's enable it, and due to the public outcry, they are working on a fix for the v-sync issue

was reading something, apparently crossfire and sli are supported, as long as the game dev's enable it, and due to the public outcry, they are working on a fix for the v-sync issue

That seems to be how M$ works. It is like they develop in a vacuum and on release everyone is "What the hell Microsoft?"

Xbox1 launch anyone?

Back