• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP/Counter-Strike Mouse Issues WTF!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ANIMASANA

WOW, Have you ever been annoyed? This is annoying.

So I built this computer right and everything on it works GREAT, one problem... it seems my POS Epox 8KHA has a little problem with mouse ports. At first I was using a Microsoft Intellimouse, fist of all the stupid PS/2 adapter would fall out of the port if the wind blew in the wrong direction, secondly upon using the USB ports on my mobo the mouse would shut off periodically in the middle of doing just about anything, especially during counter-strike, for no apparent reason. Try explaining that one to your team on match night... Oh, and when I had the mouse hooked up to the PS/2 port the mouse would stay on after shutdown so when I would go to sleep I could see this giant red glowing ball of light through my eyelids. Impressive. Now I have made the wise decision to upgrade to the more gamer friendly, IMO, Logitech MX500. Well not only do the drivers included with the mouse make the mouse 3-5 buttons completely useless during Counter-Striking, when the mouse is hooked to the PS/2 (again using the falling out adapter,) the 4 and 5 buttons dont work at all. (In case you are wondering these are the buttons which are supposed to navigate forward and backwards while browsing the internet, by default.) To make matters worse whenever I go to play CS now the mouse turns off about every 10-15 mins... IF THAT IS NOT ANNOYING ENOUGH, my "solution/remedy" for the problem with the Microsoft mouse was to pull the plug for a few seconds, wait for windows to detect the missing device and plug it back in, at which point the mouse would turn back on. Well, when I tried that with my NEW FANCY EXPENSIVE Logitech MX500 it blinks once and doesnt do anything until I restart. WOW GOOD GAME! You would think manufacturers would actually make products that work, aparently the concept of customer satisfaction hasnt occured to these people since I have written bug reports to Microsoft, Logitech, and Epox with no response in over two weeks. ( BTW I was very polite and actually used real english and proof read my submissions unlike this nonchalant post, Sorry everyone but Im angry now... RAWR!!!!!!!) After reinstalling the VIA 4in1 drivers, updating the BIOS to v6.00, installing the USB 1.0 Filter from the Epox webpage, reading through their useless FAQ, reinstalling CS, reassigning buttons on the mouse to keyboard buttons, screaming at the top of my lungs and shattering my deceased grandmothers favorite Elmur Fudd miniature into my monitor I have yet to find a solution to this issue. If anyone has a fix I would be more than happy to buy you a beer or two if it works, heck I might even throw in a hooker if you're lucky. At the very least we can get some 40oz and grief each other about how much trouble we have had with all these major corporations and broken products.
As usual I am greatful for any help you can offer and my thanks in advance, here is my system info if it's not in my signature...

Epox 8KHA
AMD Athlon 1800+
Crucial 512MB PC2100 DDR (1)
Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4400
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy X-Gamer (sux btw)
(2) IBM Deskstar 40.0 GB HDD
Panasonic 16x DVD (I think, the manufacturer may be diffferent...)
ASUS 52x24x52
Microsoft Natural Keyboard
Logitech MX500
ViewSonic A90f+ (Best investment EVER!)
Sennheiser HD500 Phones (Rock&Roll)

Back