• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Wookie's Desk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
By that image it goes to far past the motherboard. Mine isn't spaced as far away from the acrylic as that board. Ugh I liked this idea : /

I'll post pictures next week. Waiting on the extension cables so it looks like crap. System bled very easily and didn't have a single leak. Pump is nice and quiet and the northbridge/vreg temps are great.

Fighting a hard drive issue, but I think it is just a bios setting.

I'm excited to see my first watercooling build go smoothly. Sketching up some designs for a completely hand built desk with real wood. Particle board sucks, but it was a good learning experience.

Well she is running all stable and good temperatures. I m now on wire clean up and organization duty as I can't stand wires. I m looking for a good USB solution for the keyboard, G13 gamepad, mouse, and phone charger/dock with audio port for a headset.

The radiator enclosure: Wires need to be cleaned up, but it is hard to fit my big *** in there to do so. My wife is 5'0" even and has been helping. Ill probably loom or heat shrink these shortly to help organize in there. Airflow is REALLY good and the fans are pretty much silent. These are YL-M12s btw and I think high H12s would've still been almost inaudible.
20130111_123853.jpg

Reservoir is all bled and I bought some fasteners to organize all the cables and lines. I now have to disconnect all these USB/Power cords and bundle them together and route the coolant lines so they are not obstructed or intertwined with the electrical junk. Just for perspective none of the coolant lines or reservoir can be seen in my room except for the part in the main enclosure.
20130111_123906.jpg

Pretty much how I see it. About to order a 27 inch IPS 2560x1440p display and wall mount it. I need to measure, but Ill eventually put two of them up there. One for gaming and one for productivity/multi-tasking.
20130111_123917.jpg

Bare in mind none of this is scene. The wires need to be managed some, but this was to get the loop going. I m alost doing something different for the kick stand, but for now that cost me $3 from Lowes and is keeping my PCI-E slot happy :)

I will say that I m now hooked on Silverstone cables over the others; Silverstone provides a cloth like sheathing not that plasticy glossy and brittle wireloom. It glides smoothly and is very bendable. If you can see the 8 pin cable on my motherboard that is Silverstone. The almost translucent black sheathing is my Thermaltake Powersupply stock sheathing and the black motherboard extension is a Rosewill that cost $6, it doesn't look bad but movement is pretty rigid and the damn thing is short as hell, it was supposed to be 10" inches, but with that many wires and as rigid as they are it is maybe 6 inches. This will quickly be cleaned up, but I wanted to start overclocking and checking the system for stability.
20130111_123842.jpg

All in all I am happy with the neatness factor of the system.

I m considering a USB port near the keyboard in a couple fashions. Ideally one like this with an audio port to the motherboard would be great as I could have easy access to my headphones then.

514b59bkkIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This would be another alternative to just add some ports that are more accessible than the back:

313n-LxvnhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This might even work, but I d have to put it to the far right of my desk as I hate to drill in the leather padding, althought it is quickly becoming an option.

41cv60k-WDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

edit: actually that last one i just realised goes into the desk, thats pretty awesome

I ve had the rig up and running for a bit now. I should be able to get the wires cleaned up and posted shortly. I replaced the Thermaltake power supply with a Seasonic fully modular unit.

is that the tygon plasticizer free stuff? looks like it. if so its nice im probably going to go back to it on my build next tear down.

Back