• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World War 4 - The folding show down.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MonroeM said:
10.1Ghz Intel for Fishy
Athlon 1.4Ghz for Fishy
and an A64 3000+ for Fishy as well. xD

Get back to class and quit borging.

AMDers: Now would be a nice time to borg some more. Now would be a great time to keep up with Fishy so we don't have to make up a bunch of points later.

I have faith. More borging neccessary.

Hello. I apologize for my idiocy in advance, and would like to blame said idiocy, on a profound head cold I currently have. I'd like to join the AMD folding team in an effort to tip the scales in their favor. I've been reading posts and FAQs but I'm still slightly confused. If someone could baby step me through this process I'd greatly apreciate it.

I've downloaded the program. Do I type in Seven for the name it asks for and then 32 for the team? are there any advanced options I should be changing or altering? is there anything else I need to download or install?

you got it right...just Seven and team 32. One thing you should change however is change the bigpackets to yes if you have at least 256 ram on a completely dedicated folding computer or preferrably 512 on a often used rig. Welcome to the team! Go AMD!

now running fishy's dual console, on my 2.8 northie - not that i know how to use it yet, but the gui just wasnt good enough...

It's gotta be the avatar. Fishy has some sort of... hypnotic thing in the breasts, or something.

Damn it Seven, create one with a secret message in it to fold for you..

/me resorts to continuing his trek into rebuilding this stupid pc.

orionlion82 said:
now running fishy's dual console, on my 2.8 northie - not that i know how to use it yet, but the gui just wasnt good enough...

There isn't much to it. It runs as a service in the background, and doesn't get int he way of other programs.

You can use EMIII if you want to be able to track the status the unit that you are working on. You can get it here: http://home.comcast.net/~wxdude1/emsite/download.html

Looks like AMD passed us back this morning. Not to worry, with all the new computers that are joining the Intel side AMD doesn't stand a chance.

{PMS}fishy said:
Looks like AMD passed us back this morning. Not to worry, with all the new computers that are joining the Intel side AMD doesn't stand a chance.

Hehe.

Let me tell you something nice. Friday i will be going over to my old school to talk with the system administrator there. See if i can get F@H running there on the 200x 2.4C they have, and the 8 xeon servers (quad :drool: )

the garynator said:
omg, that would push team 32 way above the competition, good luck with that massive borg man!

That would have Seven feeling ashamed for the next half of the century :p

(see sig lol)

I got my teacher's backing on borging the 220+ computers at my school.

My teacher is going to bring it up at the next board meeting, and if all goes well, he will be able to convince the board to borg all the 7000 computers on the board network. :D

Pheaton said:

My teacher is going to bring it up at the next board meeting, and if all goes well, he will be able to convince the board to borg all the 7000 computers on the board network. :D

bwahahahahaha :attn:

Make sure he knows what we're folding for...the battle against cancer...and a little friendly competition ;)

Sjaak said:
bwahahahahaha :attn:

Make sure he knows what we're folding for...the battle against cancer...and a little friendly competition ;)

The battle for cancer is the number one priority I told them about. The competition is still a secret. ;)

I'm not sure if I will have them all fold for the competition (well maybe just a room full of 24 computers). :D

Pheaton said:
The battle for cancer is the number one priority I told them about. The competition is still a secret. ;)

kk cool.

I just convinced three friends to fold for fishy, thats a 2.8E, 2.4D and tomorrow another 2.4B.

Pheaton said:

Very nice man! (you should have all the other ones join folding_monkeys! :D ) otherwise, get most all of them going on a seperate sn like the name of the school or something, just make sure they are folding for team 32 :D with all of these giant borgs seeming to come together, if even one of them goes onlline, we will pwn [H]orrible and OCAU!!!!

Go TEAM 32!

ps. 7000 borgs! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back