• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW lag and probelsm with pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Recursion

I play in server 19 east. when I go into the golden-shire or really any other place my computer lags and locks up. it does this and while this happens i hear my hard drives working as if they are reading or writing data to or from the drive. I really don't know why it does this, my system is started below and I am running WOW at 1024x768 at medium settings

P4 2.4C GHz (@ 3.6 GHZ)
Asus P4C800 E- DELUXE
OCZ Pc4200 cl 2.5 512MB
Stock Intel HeatSink AS 5
Asus P4C800 E Deluxe
Antec TruePower 450 watt
ATI Radeon 9600XT
WD RAPTOR 2X36.6 (RAID-0)
WD 5400rpm 2x40gb (RAID 1)

this is probably not the best type of bug report for the game.

During this open beta, there have been a lot of lag issues that is a server side lag resulting from an overabundance of people, diagnostic programs being run, and various experiments being done to test WoW. So your lag very well may not be your fault at all.

As for the hard drives doing stuff, perhaps an extra 512MB of ram would help. When your computer starts accessing the hard drive a lot, it could be a sign that you have just started using up too much memory and are now utilizing the page file in a manner that will definately degrade your performance.

Or it could be spyware. Hit up download.com and get adaware. Or, if this lag happened on or around friday night at 8pm, then it's likely Norton running a virus scan.

I am running WoW on my mobile 2600+ @ 2.3Ghz with 2*512MB Mushkin basic pc3200 and a 9800pro. I've got resolution at 1280*1024 and every graphics setting maxed out and have no problems at all.

Back