• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom 3 Freezes randomly, I need help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursion

I just got Doom 3 today the 4th, When i play the game after I get a little bit into the game, It just Freezes and halts. The only thing I see is the last frame that I saw on the monitor from the game. It just stays there and nothing can be done. I cant even turn caps lock on and off, everything just jams

I have tried to reinstall the game and that didn't help. I reinstalled windows and the game and it still did not help. I also exchanged my Radeon 9600XT with my brother and still got the same problem. I also turned off any overclocking i had on my system nd reinstalled windows and it still happened. So I then thought it could be The memory. I than ran memtest 86 for 8 hrs. I have 2x256mb 512mb of OCZ pc4200 and memtest 86 only shows it as having 511mb of memory

I have ran out of Ideas, My system specs are below

Please help

P4 2.4C GHz (@ 3.3 GHZ)
Asus P4C800 E- DELUXE
OCZ Pc4200 cl 2.5 512MB
Stock Intel HeatSink AS 5
Asus P4C800 E Deluxe
Antec TruePower 480 watt
ATI Radeon 9600XT=@ 537/317
WD RAPTOR 2X36.6 (RAID-0)
WD 5400rpm 2x40gb (RAID 1)

So did the vid card fail on two systems or you tried to vids in yours? What are your temps like while playing the game?

It could be a glitch in the game, the first wave is kind of like a final beta in a way.

I hear there's a problem with ATI's drivers and Doom 3. Although I booted up my 98SE on Doom 3 today with the latest Catalyst Drivers and experienced no problems.. of course I didn't play for very long either, like 5 minutes.

LmpPns said:
I hear there's a problem with ATI's drivers and Doom 3. Although I booted up my 98SE on Doom 3 today with the latest Catalyst Drivers and experienced no problems.. of course I didn't play for very long either, like 5 minutes.

no there isnt..I have 2 different ati carded systems and both played doom over 5 hrs straight no issues..

last night i tried the Omega 4.7 drivers and played for 3 hrs with no problems.

And yes I have read that this is a common problem and ATI wil have a full fix within 1 week

theELVISCERATOR said:
no there isnt..I have 2 different ati carded systems and both played doom over 5 hrs straight no issues..

Yes, indeed there is. Try googling a few keywords... Anyway, your response was just annoying. Just because your case was different doesn't automatically make it OK to assume.

Scotch said:
last night i tried the Omega 4.7 drivers and played for 3 hrs with no problems.

And yes I have read that this is a common problem and ATI wil have a full fix within 1 week

LmpPns said:
Yes, indeed there is. Try googling a few keywords... Anyway, your response was just annoying. Just because your case was different doesn't automatically make it OK to assume.

Oooh the standard update to newest drivers answer huh.....

many systems crash due to reasons beside drivers, mainly overheating and power issues....

drivers wont help in these, the majority of cases...

i can google anything and get a response..that dont mean diddly...

Doom 3 is optimized for Nvidia cards but that doesn't mean there's a problem between ATI's cards and the game. I bought the game yesterday and played for 5 hours straight on my Radeon 9700 pro with Catalyst 4.7 without a single glitch.

As for Scotch's problem...are you sure it's not a heat issue with your CPU or the video card? Are they overlocked and have you tried it without the overclocking?

no no heat, Like I said the omega drivers fixed the problem My pc overclcoked from 2.4c to 3.7 only maxes out at 44c under a full load(running 2 instances of prime 95 and folding for 48 hrs straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back