• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WRT3200ACM and Xbox with WUSB6100M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kemo89

Registered
So really simply. I forgot my old login to OC but I have been posting for a long time and wanted some input. I currently have Cox Cable here in Phoenix Arizona and i pay for the 100mbps through them. I have HUGE connection issues so i decided that a major upgrade to my networking capabilities was call for and the wife didnt understand anything i said so i got the green light to BUY. :D SO my new babies comming to me in the next 2weeks are:

LINKSYS WRT3200ACM AC3200 MU-MIMO GIGABIT WI-FI ROUTER $165.00 (Cuz everyone loves Facebook and its the death of society)

LINKSYS SE4008 WRT 8-PORT GIGABIT ETHERNET SWITCH $50.00 (PC will be directly connected by cable)

LINKSYS WUSB6100M MAX-STREAM™ AC600 WI-FI MICRO USB ADAPTER $FREE (use for my XBOX or just add it to my TV)

I currently use a Netgear N450 Wifi/Modem Dual Ban with 2-in-1 WiFi router and DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem that states 8x faster download speeds—up to 340 Mbps—. SO my question is with the new components will they:

1.) Work with my existing Modem?
2.) Knowing that i have multiple electronics connected increase my connection speed while gaming on my PC/XBOX?
3.) With the switch. Adds an additional 8ports to directly connect by cable or will it also assist in wireless connections without having to connect directly with ethernet cables?
4.) Can i use the WUSB6100M attached to my XBOX to signifintly increase my connection for online gaming and streaming?

Just wanted to know because people out there are SO much more educated in this area then I am. So i need the help. And a sub question is there really a difference between the LINKSYS WRT3200ACM AC3200 MU-MIMO GIGABIT WI-FI ROUTER and the LINKSYS WRT32X AC3200 DUAL-BAND WI-FI GAMING ROUTER WITH KILLER PRIORITIZATION ENGINE

So really simply. I forgot my old login to OC but I have been posting for a long time and wanted some input. I currently have Cox Cable here in Phoenix Arizona and i pay for the 100mbps through them. I have HUGE connection issues so i decided that a major upgrade to my networking capabilities was call for and the wife didnt understand anything i said so i got the green light to BUY. :D SO my new babies comming to me in the next 2weeks are:

LINKSYS WRT3200ACM AC3200 MU-MIMO GIGABIT WI-FI ROUTER $165.00 (Cuz everyone loves Facebook and its the death of society)

LINKSYS SE4008 WRT 8-PORT GIGABIT ETHERNET SWITCH $50.00 (PC will be directly connected by cable)

LINKSYS WUSB6100M MAX-STREAM™ AC600 WI-FI MICRO USB ADAPTER $FREE (use for my XBOX or just add it to my TV)

I currently use a Netgear N450 Wifi/Modem Dual Ban with 2-in-1 WiFi router and DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem that states 8x faster download speeds—up to 340 Mbps—. SO my question is with the new components will they:

1.) Work with my existing Modem?
2.) Knowing that i have multiple electronics connected increase my connection speed while gaming on my PC/XBOX?
3.) With the switch. Adds an additional 8ports to directly connect by cable or will it also assist in wireless connections without having to connect directly with ethernet cables?
4.) Can i use the WUSB6100M attached to my XBOX to signifintly increase my connection for online gaming and streaming?

Just wanted to know because people out there are SO much more educated in this area then I am. So i need the help. And a sub question is there really a difference between the LINKSYS WRT3200ACM AC3200 MU-MIMO GIGABIT WI-FI ROUTER and the LINKSYS WRT32X AC3200 DUAL-BAND WI-FI GAMING ROUTER WITH KILLER PRIORITIZATION ENGINE

PM sent, please check it.

is there really a difference between the LINKSYS WRT3200ACM AC3200 MU-MIMO GIGABIT WI-FI ROUTER and the LINKSYS WRT32X AC3200 DUAL-BAND WI-FI GAMING ROUTER WITH KILLER PRIORITIZATION ENGINE
No. They're basically the same hardware. The 32X supports "Killer" networking. The "Killer" support is apparently nothing but some QoS shell scripts according to OpenWRT/LEDE forums, so might as well be trash with a $60 price penalty. Go with the 3200ACM.

Going by your other questions, I think you should look for a local tech to do this for you. Networking is good to learn, but maybe not on your own network where getting help is a real pain if you mess it up.

Back