• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf,.. How can Durons beat P3s in clk for clk.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[OC]_SR20DE

I dont belive this sh!t. Some smart a$$ idiot told me from Anandtech forum site that the Duron beats overall office apps benchmark but in some case the Duron outperforms P3 by 50% in clk for clk comparison and smokes the hell out of P3 if the Duron's overclocked at the same mhz as P3, @#!!%^*&#$ wft !! I understand that the Duron still has more advantage in Office apps performance but common, a Duron?? beating the "hell out" of P3? Thats too much. Even this thug said the Duron outperforms P3 in 3D gaming also because of Durons aggressive EVBus and running at 200mhz external bus(correct me if im wrong, I heard someting like this). That idiot did not take any into account about the importance of highly beefed up FSB from a o'clked P3 even. Somebody tell me what you think about this and share your thoughts, thnx. BTW, if that guy says Duron outperforms P3 by 50% in certain test, I assume the T-Birds would be 200% faster than P3, That is non sense crap. Why does he exaggerate?? I do not get it.

He must have confused the Celeron with the PIII. That is all I can say.

The guy must have been a wanker check out firingsquad they had a duron-celly-p3 comparison.Office apps, anyone who talks of office apps for benching o.c cpus is a joke.The cleron would keep up with a tbird or p3 just for office stuff, its plainly a mhz thing.ALso the fsquad review showed the p3 to be superior on every count, altho by narrow margins.ANd yes if you got a duron 650 at 933, and a p3 700 at 933 (133mhz fsb) then the p3 would torch that amd *****.

Back