• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 1800+ running at 100x17

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

Yes, i dont know what to do anymore. I scruwed the unlocking by scraping the hell out of the cpu, yesterday it wouldnt boot today it says XP2000 running at 100x17 but the temp go's to over 60c.
Can't even turn the FSB over 105.

Should i just buy i new CPU?

Sounds like you have a greeny. Is there any chance you connected the dots wrong. Like maybe connecting two of the top one to the bottom one or the other way around.

Well theres nothing connect its all clean. the problem was that after scraping and not getting results i jst went crazy and scraped the holw line, i mean from dot to dot theres not even a gap anymore i can see the copper.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that man, but I think that its gone now.
All I would do w/ the chip is at least Fold with it, if it still runs no point in throwing it away, you can make a second rig, w/ a cheapo mobo and ram, and get it folding, or be used for light gaming on LAN w/ friends. I don't think its really worth finishing it off w/ a hole in it. If you don't want it, I can put it to some use. send it to me, I'll pay shipment.

PS. You can buy a cheapo XP1600+ to replace it, its about $53, although its not free, I think its not that bad considering the situation, also if you got good RAM I don't think unlocking the chip will even be necessary

*EDIT*: YGPM

Last edited:
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Did you change anything on your mobo when you tried to unlock the CPU? Maybe a jumper moved to 100Mhz FSB setting? I would go over everything, just to be sure it's the CPU...

your getting 60c at 100x17,cooling with water?Does sound like you mighta permanetly screwed it ,did you fill the scrape marks with something non-conductive?

I just un-locked my 1800+ last night but its pretty un-stable,I can only run prime95 @ 11x140,not even 11.5x133:confused: .My Hs sucks,and under prime load is 51c.Hoping my AS2 settles and I can get some better "stable" combo's.Is this proc a really crappy OCer?I've seen some guys gettin mid 1700mhz's but with high fsb,which I don't seem to have luck with HD's on to high of a fsb.Anyways good luck.

Sell it to someone who has a KT133 Chipset who cannot venture far behond 100MHz bus. 1.7GHz is stunner for a 200MHz FSB AMD PC.

OC-Master

deadzone said:
Well theres nothing connect its all clean. the problem was that after scraping and not getting results i jst went crazy and scraped the holw line, i mean from dot to dot theres not even a gap anymore i can see the copper.

sounds like what i did to my XP1600 kept messing it up and on the final scraping it scraped the green away now hteres no pist and tis all brown/copper, but it still runs as a xP1600 just fine so i can wait to buy a new one. . .

Well what i did all day is clean with nail polish remover many times and now i have an XP2000, but at one point i hade an xp2200. I will live it like this for now its pretty good speed.
I have crappy memory Kingston 512MB PC2100, can go over 150 on my KT4 Ultra i will go for a pc3200 corsair next week.

Is this a good choice?

I did exactly the same to my 1800+
Tried to unlock it 2-3 times but didnt get it quite right,then I accidently scraped one of the L1 dots off.
After thinking I'd messed up big time I decided to use some fine sandpaper and see what was underneath the green coating.
When I got down to the copper I could see the 5 oval shapes with the 2 contacts inside so i dropped a small dot of rear defogger paint on them and it unlocked perfectly.
Was a waste of time though :( .......This 1800+ AROGA stepping sucks!
Wont run well higher than 145 fsb no matter how low I set the multiplier,can get it to 2000+ speed at 133 bus but it aint quite stable at that.

Back