• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2400 Baking??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzy0627

Hi, I just bought a xp2400 from newegg...and its hotter than hell. With stock cooling it gets 48 c no load 55 c full load. With my slk 800 (A) I get 47 c no load 53 full load. I am using 1 1/2 old artic silver, with an epox 8k3a+ kt333.

These temps seem high, think I got a bad cpu? The heasink is new thermalright sent me a new one becuase the old one had a bent clip..

Any suggestions???

Thanks Ron

Only through my power supply. It has 2 fans enermax 431. Other than that my cpu fan blows down on the heatsink. Their is no 80mm for the back :(

That's prolly why. My old case would be at 40C after being left on for awhile. Obviously the differential between the air in the case and the CPU temp is important, if it's only a few degrees cooler there is only so much a good HSF can do. With my case off and just sitting there (no fan blowing in to the chassis), the CPU runs 20 degrees cooler. Hell, last night my O/C'd 1700 was running at 32C under load because there was a cool breeze from the window.

I can fit a 60mm I will try that first. Do you think it matters on my slk800A that i put the foam feet on the hs rather than the cpu?

You need an intake fan at the bottom front of your case and a rear exhaust fan at the back of your case just below the exhaust from your PSU. That way you will have air flow and a cooler case temperature which will give your CPU cppler a chance to work. It needs cool air to work. Once the case temperature gets saturated with hot air cooling is greatly reduced

My 2400+ Idle at 2.4ghz is 38c/100f with a system temp of 24c/75f.. Under load I get in the mid 40's no higher.. at stock speeds I'll be under 30c and 33c max at load..

Using a Vantec Aeroflow hsf..

aeroflow.jpg

gravy is that the army of darkness or night of the lving dead guy in your sig?

Back