• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp driver back up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
i just a huge spindle of cds for like 12 bucks

so its backup time

whats the easyiest way to back up all the drivers for xp?

The easiest way is to simply download the newest versions as exe and zip files and burn them to CD. That shouldn't take up too much space. If you want your current drivers, the best way is to check the date/version and go to the company's website and download the driver from their previously released/old/out of date/not supported driver database. I believe that most companies have all their older drivers on the web. If not, a google search could turn out to be very productive. If you're talking about keeping your current system, go for Norton Ghost. That way you won't even have to reinstall software upon re-installing XP.

Z

there is no dir in i can just plop on to the cd?

I don't believe so. Most drivers are stored in the INF directory (I think) but they are not located just in that folder, so I don't think you'd get the whole driver and some might make system changes that would need to be redone if you try to reload windows. I strongly suggest Ghosting your drive to get everything or just download the drivers and dump 'em on a disk.

Z

Back