• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Y.S. Tech TMD fan question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

I am trying to replace the growling fan on a Vantec CCK-7015, with a Y.S. Tech TMD fan. http://www.directron.com/cck7015.htmln <Is a pic of the heat sink. Since both fans are 70’s the TMD fan will fit on top of where the original fan is screwed in from the top with pretty much standard type self threading fans screws. Just wondering if you guys think I can get away with using the self tapping screws with the TMD fan without messing it up. Started one of the screws and it didn’t sound like it was liking it at all. Anyone seen a TMD mounted with the self tapping screws??? Really do not want to go buy a 70X10 fan when I have the TMD already.

just do it with "Fingerspitzen gefuhl" as Germany would say :)

If you mes the screw, no problem, You can buy a new one in every metal store..

Really not worried about the screw...I went ahead and screwed one of the screws in and it cracked the bottom of the fan and I can see metal inside the hole...Oh well here goes nothing...:)

Okay I went ahead and mounted the fan using the self-tapping screws...They growled, grumbled, and generally made all kinds of not to groovy sounds...Cracked the plastic on the bottom on 2 out of 4 holes...You can see metal...Really had me wondering if it was going to K.O. the fan...But the fan works just fine...:)

Back