Continuing with our Rig-o-the-Month, which seems to be a fun new tradition, we’ve got our September winner. The rules are pretty simple.
- Post a picture of your system in this thread.
- Photos must be reasonable sizes – 1000px x 1000px max.
- Maximum five photos, so choose wisely.
- Pictures must be uploaded to the forum.
- If your photo is not uploaded to the forum, your entry will be deleted. If you need help with that, don’t hesitate to ask.
- Assuming there are a lot of entries, after two weeks’ish, forum staff will decide on the top 3-5 systems out of the submissions. (Otherwise, all will be placed in the poll).
- Once the top systems are chosen, a poll will be added to the thread for everyone to vote on their favorite.
- He or she whose rig is voted the top will have their system featured in a frontpage article and a post on our Facebook page.
This isn’t only about how powerful your system is, or how good it looks, or how original, or how whatever…it’s all of those things combined. If you don’t have a very powerful system but it looks good, post it. If you have an original looking system, post it. If you have a ZOMG look how powerful it is system post it. Anything goes. There are no high stakes, just the honor of having your system posted on the front page and our Facebook page.
Since we hope this becomes a semi-regular thing, winners must sit out the next six Rig o’ The ___ contests. You can still post to show people what they should strive for, but they’re ineligible to win again for six months.
As you can see, this isn’t intended to necessarily be every month, but since people seem to like it and as long as things don’t get in the way, we’ll try to make it every month. I think we’ll skip October and start up a November thread, so there is plenty of time to get lots of entrants.
There was some stiff competition for Septermber, but there can only be one winner, and after well over a hundred and forty votes, that winner is…..(drumroll please!)….
adamelmore’s Dual HD 7970 Beast
This beautiful build was installed in an old sewing desk and comes complete with plenty of top-of-the-line hardware.
- Intel Core i7 3960X
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
- Corsair Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3 1866
- 2x ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II
- Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 1200W
- 240GB OCZ RevoDrive 3 PCI-E (OS / Applications)
- 480GB Corsair Force Series GT SATA III (Storage)
- 24GB RamDisk (Some applications, browser caches, temp files, etc.)
- Corsair Obsidian Series 800D
- 6x Samsung MD230X6 & 2x Samsung 650 Series 27” (Portrait)
Per the rules, adamelmore can’t participate for the next six competitions, so the rest of us will have a chance next month. Be sure to stop by the November Rig-o’-the-Month thread and enter your system!