• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35N-Ultra (I give up!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Ok, I have come to the conclusion that I have a bad board after all. No matter what I have tried I cannot get this board to see anything as slave on IDE 1 (So my DVD-Rom is master of IDE 2), and this board wont run my hardware at stock speeds, thats right 133 CPU / 166 Mem is a no go...15,000+ errors in Memtest86 and no boot to windows. So I HAVE to overclock it to run and it isnt prime stable. Im thinking the IDE is broken along with the memory controller.

Ram tested fine at all speeds to 200mhz on 3 other boards, and DVD-Rom also tested on 3 boards. I have looked over the BIOS many times, removed the CMOS battery, turned APIC off (and reformatted for it). I have ZERO PCI devises in my computer, just my Radeon 9500 Pro AGP card, and 1 HD and 1 DVD-Rom. Everything as a matter of fact ran flawlessly on my ECS K7VTA3 Rev 5.0 mobo and my Abit BE7 845PE board as well as my wifes Abit ST-6 mobo so its not the devises. My mobo is broken, I have accepted it and after googling for hours I am seeing others with the same problems, especially with different memory.

Im going to be returning this mobo and I have decided to get a DFI Lanparty II Rev B Nforce 2 Ultra board. Also I am going to be getting a Barton 2500+ and a new Seagate SATA 80GB drive.

I will be putting this magic AXP 2000+ unlocked Tbred-B CPU up for sale in the forum real soon (guarenteed to 200+ FSB and im running it currently @ 2.2Ghz) to help cover the cost of some of this upgrading.

Balrog your posts have been a great help up til now but this board is just a little flakey IMHO, Im glad yours works well but I think I am finally going to buy the BAD BOY board for once with all the bells and whistles. I always pick the budget board but not this time. (I wont buy Abit, long story).

Cheers and good luck all with this mobo :)

Ok, got me an MSI K7N2-Delta L and im not looking back, great mobo and rock stable. Dont mean to put a damper on the Shuttle area but I will wait awhile before they mature thier NON SFF mobo's :)

My very first an35n had mad problems, i couldn't read from the second ide controller at all, and it wouldn't recongnise my pci raid card. the second one i got works like a champ.

Congrats on your new board, let us know how it oc's. I'm always in the market for a new board :)

Dude, I think it is a flaw with shuttle nforce2's that memory/fsb can't be run asynchronously. On my MN31N and my AN35N-Ultras, I couldn't get either of the mem or fsb speed past 120 running asynch. In sync I have 189fsb/mem on the MN31N and 205 on each AN35N-ultra fsb/mem synchronous.

Back