• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron 865PE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Perrrry

I have one of this on my second computer, but the sound is low, even when i bought an new soundcard. could anybody help me?

Hi Perry, if the sound is still ow even after you changed your sound card it must be you setting in windows or maybe the volume knob on your speakers.

Some things to check.
1. Make sure your pluged in to the right hole on your sound card.

2. There should be a little speaker icon on the bottom right of you screen. Double click that and make sure the "play control" and "wave" are turned up. The little knob looking thing should be at the top.

3. Check you sound knob on your speakers and make sure it is turned up.

Some times the most obvious things are the easiest to overlook.

Voltron said:
Hi Perry, if the sound is still ow even after you changed your sound card it must be you setting in windows or maybe the volume knob on your speakers.

Some things to check.
1. Make sure your pluged in to the right hole on your sound card.

2. There should be a little speaker icon on the bottom right of you screen. Double click that and make sure the "play control" and "wave" are turned up. The little knob looking thing should be at the top.

3. Check you sound knob on your speakers and make sure it is turned up.

Some times the most obvious things are the easiest to overlook.

Hehe, yeah you may have right, but in this case it isn't that, I belive it more like a "driver" or a wrong plugged supply. So I hope someone could answer me. :bang head

If you're having volume issues even after a hardware change, and you're sure it's not volume control related, you may have a set of bum speakers.

I was hoping this would be a fun question like voltmodding or something; I'm the self-proclaimed resident Albatron PX865PE motherboard guru :)

Hey Albuquerque, Im probly gonna get the Albatron Pro 2 so If you know any mods let me know man. Like volt mods or whatever. You can Pm me anytime.

The PX865PE Pro II has a great pencil mod for voltage droop; I can go home and grab a picture and post it so you know which resistor to pencil (it's so easy that it really doesn't require any soldering)

As for a true vcore mod, it's a little harder because of an onboard over-current protection device -- it actually senses current load using a single regulator + thermistor device on each phase on the power regulator circuitry. If you try pumping the voltage too far, the current limiter will kick in under heavy load and hard-lock the machine with a continuous beep.

There's a rather serious workaround for that, or you can simply not add more than 0.05vcore (1.65v max) which is probably the safer route since most P4C's will exhibit SNDS/degredation after much more than that.

Back