• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laing ddc flow mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

outhouse

im using 3/8id tubing if i stick a 1/2id inlet on and strech my 3/8id tubing over the 1/2fitting will i get the same results? ideas welcome before i follow through with this

I'd use the 3/8" barb with your tube plan.
There's already a 3/8" barb on the outlet, but mostly because the joint on plastics is usually weak enough to break without too much force. If you need to remove that tubing for some reason, then it would be much easier to remove without ripping the barb out.

Now if you could put 1/2" tubing on it feeding from the heatercore, I'd use a 1/2" barb simply to lower inlet flow restriction and get the best flow possible. It is an expensive pump so I'd want the most from it.

The whole idea of doing the 1/2" inlet mod is to increase flow. If you continue to use 3/8" tubing then I think your counter-acting the mod.

The mod is to counter the flow resistance of the 90 degree inlet...3/8" still would be better than the stock pump, but 1/2" would be better still.

kbtat2 can you back what u say?

slap thanks but im not going to order overseas. never tried before

i tried a 1/2" nylon barb and the epoxy pealed rite off a no go with nylon, just a epoxy test not applied to pump. i have a metal 3/8 barb and i think i may rough up the metal with some 240 grit and epoxy that in and see how flows go.

with my system being 3/8 i cant see adding a small section of 1/2" being of any benifit in a closed loop.

opinions welcome cause thursday somethins changin

kbtat2 said:
^^ Thats not going to perform any better than stock ^^
Actually, I think you are wrong. If you note, there are 3 spots for barbs, One happens to be in the top center where one would put one for the mod. Simply seal up the other inlet barb and voila, modded pump.

Maybe the ideal would be this:
abllaing2x2.jpg

tn_abllaing1.jpg

tn_abllaing10.jpg

<----- Completely blind. Lol, sorry I didn't notice that it had a threaded spot on the top. I stand corrected!!

Fiber9: Where did that pic come from? That looks great!!!

thorilan: I know your project is hush-hush right now, but will we be able to see the finished competition system? Sounds like it will be amazing...

Back