• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sick of New egg's inconsistent shipping! - Resolved

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
What the heck how can I place an order on Fri and on Tue they still have not shipped. The extra charge just to put the order in their system is Bogus. No reputable company would even have that.(Note see crutchfield).

I never know what will ship normally and what won't, now I am stuck waiting on a simple cable.

The last time they did this to me two people called me to apologize and offer me a $25 discount on next order, guess what, never got it, I must be a schmuck to keep going back.

OK now I feel better.Just ranting. :bang head :temper:

Not like I have not ordered thousands of dollars of stuff off of them gee whiz

Last edited:
Newegg is far and away the best about this (and about everything else, too.) I've never paid the rush processing fee, and every single time they could not have shipped any sooner. As noted, contact Jason and he will straighten this out. No vendor is perfect, but clearly, no vendor comes as close as Newegg. Give them a chance to correct it.

I guess I should have said I emailed them and told them to ship today it or keep it. They are the ones that said 1-2 days not me. After checking my order status I see I ordered it on 7/7 its now 7/12. My mistake I thought I ordered Fri. but it was Thur. No reply yet

I ordered last friday and it got here on monday:D Without paying any extra fee. I am sure they will resolve the problem but since in your email you told them to cancel the order I bet that has already happened. I know with newegg it is a lot better to call and be calm and collected with the person you are talking to. That does 2 things it makes you seem more profesional and gives the person you are talking to every reason to help you out. Both of those things are important when you are trying to resolve any issue.

Same with me. I'm sorry disappointed since it's taking kinda long, but I didn't pay that extra for rush processing. I ordered on the 8th, it shipped on the 11th. So, it's already on its way here. I'm expecting it by today. And, I'm only in NY! (Newegg is in NJ, I believe.)

call jason at 1-800-390-1119 ext. 2050. he will move mountains for ya, just mention that you are from the OCF, and he will get this taken care of pronto :D dont worry all is not lost

Agree. Newegg has proven themselves to me over a dozen times now, always very quick on the draw. Call them and see what is up. Maybe you will get another $25 credit? ;)

The way the $25.00 credit worked when they gave it to me once was I had to call them immediatly after placing the order and have them deduct it off the order.

adriana said:
oh hell newegg is the best!!!!!!!!!!! order monday came tuesday =) loves it!

hehe yeah my orders as of the last two have been getting here next day as in order @ 3:30pm monday, gets here 10:30am tuesday... yeah i like living next to them... i think their location will be my main moving concern lmao

shard said:
call jason at 1-800-390-1119 ext. 2050. he will move mountains for ya, just mention that you are from the OCF, and he will get this taken care of pronto :D dont worry all is not lost

I'm not sure if calling would make a difference, now that the package has been in FedEx's hand since the 11th.

EDIT:
Damn, FedEx seems to be sucking for me too...

Jul 13, 2005 7:58 AM At local FedEx facility JAMAICA, NY
Jul 12, 2005 8:21 PM Departed FedEx location NEWARK, NJ

Jul 11, 2005 8:42 PM Departed FedEx location NEWARK, NJ
12:06 PM Left origin EDISON, NJ
6:00 AM Picked up EDISON, NJ 5:31 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

I dunno how it took so long, It's only 45 mins from where I live (Bellerose/Queens Village) to Newark...

Last edited:
Ok checked all my email. I was credited for the part that was holding the order up.(and that part is cancelled) Went to my front door and the other part was sent fedex yesterday from CA.Was sitting at my door (PA.)today. Jason others at Newegg who received my email did all right. I retract my rant, its been a bad week, just wanted one thing to go right for a change.

Thank you Jason.

Rock on. I know the feeling of getting all worked up over issues like this (I get that from my Mom ;) ). Sometimes it irons itself out in the end, eh?

Stay cool :cool:

Back