• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sick of New egg's inconsistent shipping! - Resolved

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
havent read it all - but most companies do not package on weekends - only on buisness days

this could also depend on how many other orders they got on friday - they say it can take 1-3 days to ship - so they are FULLY under their policy and time frame - sometimes it ships faster, other times it may not, welcome to the world of internet shopping.

Mr.Guvernment said:
havent read it all - but most companies do not package on weekends - only on buisness days
I dunno about that. I placed an order with NewEgg saturday night, and I recieved a tracking number sunday afternoon. It arrived today(a day early, as usual).

I have nothing but great things to say about the Egg! :attn: :attn:

^^ most companies will not package on weekends period. if you place an order on a friday, and the place is within your state or close by, you should have it by monday/tuesday the next week.

but then they have to wait for money to clear and they have other orders to fill before yours so its only natural i guess :S you pay the money, they will take their sweetarse time sending :)

-Bomber

Well, here's the Fedex tracking page and the newegg shipping page, both with the date I ordered on, and the date it was sent out. If I am not mistaken, the 9th was saturday, and the 10th was sunday.

shipping.jpg

BTW, I know the fedex thing is screwy, but if anyone wants to try for themselves, the tracking number is: 702649384618

eh if you made the order on friday... thats not bad at all. cause they arent technically work on saturday sunday. so they probably got it read on friday (dang quick too since you ordered it kinda later. and fedex picked it up sunday.

i wouldnt complain about that cause im thinking this might be a kinda busy time for newegg (lotsa people graduating getting gifts for that, new comp stuff for college or plain college/highschool people have more time on their hands and are working more and have more money to buy parts) just keep in mind that newegg advertises average shipping but usually gives you top notch, you cant get spoiled and once you get what they advertise get all mad about it.

s random said:
eh if you made the order on friday... thats not bad at all. cause they arent technically work on saturday sunday. so they probably got it read on friday (dang quick too since you ordered it kinda later. and fedex picked it up sunday.
Check your calendar. The 9th was a saturday ;)

I would go so far as to suggest not using the rush order system. I've ordered from newegg countless times, 3 of which I used the rush order system. Every time they have had my order ready and shipped by the next business day, except for the 3 times that I paid the rush order fee. Those times were always held up for another day or two. Other than that there is nothing about newegg that I can complain about. IMO they are the best.

All I have to say is that Newegg rocks!!

I had ordered a Dell over 2 weeks ago and had to cancel it today because they said it could be another week or two before it shipped.

I ordered my new system today from Newegg at 12:08 PM (rush order) and 1 day shipping.

The order hit Fedex at 3:52PM and is due to arrive before 3:00pm tomorrow.

If it doesnt get here tomorrow its not neweggs fault but its FedEx's fault. If they screw up, i'll be contacting my brother who is a manager at FedEx to complain. Fedex and UPS is known to screw up my stuff.

I use the $2.99 rush option all the time for time sensitive overnight orders at work. I have noticed that it gets the goods out the door the same day if the order was placed in the morning. A regular overnight order placed at the same time has about a 50/50 shot of making it out the same day in my experience.

Vaio said:
Well, here's the Fedex tracking page and the newegg shipping page, both with the date I ordered on, and the date it was sent out. If I am not mistaken, the 9th was saturday, and the 10th was sunday.
I think it's likely the package got boxed friday, but was sent to fedex over the weekend. From what I have seen, newegg does not box stuff on weekends.

dfonda said:
What the heck how can I place an order on Fri and on Tue they still have not shipped. The extra charge just to put the order in their system is Bogus. No reputable company would even have that.(Note see crutchfield).

I never know what will ship normally and what won't, now I am stuck waiting on a simple cable.

The last time they did this to me two people called me to apologize and offer me a $25 discount on next order, guess what, never got it, I must be a schmuck to keep going back.

OK now I feel better.Just ranting. :bang head :temper:

Not like I have not ordered thousands of dollars of stuff off of them gee whiz

Wow - sorry to see your bad experience - in my case Newegg has performed only above and beyond - best service and RMA there is on the web - at least from my experience!

larva said:
I think it's likely the package got boxed friday, but was sent to fedex over the weekend. From what I have seen, newegg does not box stuff on weekends.
So, where does NewEgg buy the plutonium to power the Deloreon(assuming they couldn't get thier hands on a gen. 2 model)? To pull that one off, they would have had to go back a day before I actually ordered it.

Back