• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are these hidden FOUND.xxx folders in C:?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
depending what's in there, yes you can recovier it. But you should know how, say a word file differs from a DLL, or it's not worth it.

Heh yeah, when i was younger (like 8) and those types of files were saved I would always keep them. I figured out pretty quickly that I didn't have the skills to actually make use of them. Put it like this... those files are like raw data that could be arranged in any which way. If you can't make sense of it on a bit/hex level, or can't find a program that will do it for you (do these exist??? a program that scans through raw data and looks for blocks of recognized formats), then they're just taking up sectors ;)

sometimes they are helpful if you can find text from a document you were writing that you didn't get a chance to save, still might have various ascii characters embedded within it though.

Back