• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have the AB9 QuadGT??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
might get more info over at XS forums. last i read the board was doing over 500mhz fsb. kinda downside is the cost over $200.

Ugh Abit :-/ Abit hasn't made a decent ocing board since the NF7 days. Stable as a rock @ stock speed, but try and get a tweak out and she'll barf. GL with it if you get one.

Nebulous said:
Ugh Abit :-/ Abit hasn't made a decent ocing board since the NF7 days. Stable as a rock @ stock speed, but try and get a tweak out and she'll barf. GL with it if you get one.

I have to disagree. Some of these new Abit boards are doing quite well, thank you very much. I currently have an AW9D-Max that I would gladly compare with whatever you have. Start posting benchmarks and I'll follow suit.

I have to agree with Batboy on this. If you do a little reading you will see the AW9D-max is one of if not the best motherboard out right now. Here is a little little info on the AW9D-Max Myself I'm looking at getting either the AW9D-max or the AB9 QuadGT.

Wicked Klown said:
I have to agree with Batboy on this. If you do a little reading you will see the AW9D-max is one of if not the best motherboard out right now. Here is a little little info on the AW9D-Max Myself I'm looking at getting either the AW9D-max or the AB9 QuadGT.
from a chipset stand point i would choose the aw9d-max simply cause the second pci-e lane is full 8x not 4x like on the quad. really the price difference of the 2 i cant really see spending that much for a mainstream chipset. i still wish for AI7 days agian.

batboy said:
I still have an AI7 plugging along almost daily as a HTPC.

Hey batboy I too still have a AI7 still running strong and love it.
Great over clocker as well; had a 2.4GHz P4 up to 3.2GHz with DDR400.
It now has a 3.0GHz P4 on it at 3.4GHz.

I am impressed with your AW9D-Max over clock; I seem to have hit a wall at 363MHz FSB or 2.9GHz orthos blend test stable on mine.

I would love to get 3.2GHz out of this chip so I can run my memory at it's rated speed with 1:1 setting but nothing I do seems to help; I can get 3.2GHz to load windows and run a couple sandra benchmarks but it is not game stable. :confused:

I have been looking at this AB9 Quad GT and it looks to be a very nice board.

I'll have my QuadGT and e4300 here Friday. Now I jsut have to wait for NewEgg to ship my ram. Went with G.Skill pc2 6400 for this, Not going to try and break any world records but I hope to hit at least 330FSB.

Wicked Klown, please be sure to let us know how it is.

I am a dissapointed owner af a 680i and would like to go back to intel chipsets.

Granted I have a decent OC with my 680i of 1500MHz at x10 for 3750MHz out of a 2.66GHz 3070 CPU... but I'm just not pleased with the holes in the BIOS and the slew of issues it has. I miss my rock solid Intel Chipsets of the past.

az_sniper said:
I am impressed with your AW9D-Max over clock; I seem to have hit a wall at 363MHz FSB or 2.9GHz orthos blend test stable on mine.

Not sure what all you've tried with your AW9D, but definitely update the BIOS if you haven't already done so. Also, some of these AW9D boards need more MCH voltage than others. Don't be afraid to bump up MCH voltage to say 1.6-1.65v, it really helps to get higher FSB.

Just got my Abit AB9 QuadGT yesterday. Got it installed with my watercooling and booted it and reinstalled Windows. Will be putting it through its paces with my E6400 today.

Qubix said:
Just got my Abit AB9 QuadGT yesterday. Got it installed with my watercooling and booted it and reinstalled Windows. Will be putting it through its paces with my E6400 today.

tell me how it is

hey Streifenkarl, Wicked Klown, and anyone else for that matter :D.

*1- what kind of clocks you guys getting on the Quad GT? please specify settings.
*2- what's taller, the IHS or the Digital PWM. i have a cooler (RBX) that hits the Capacitors on most 775 sockets.

i'm considering this board or a AB9 Pro.

/rich

it's a better board than the AB9 Pro certainly as far as overclocking/layout are concerned.

It'll do over 500fsb whilst still staying on the 1067 strap but it'll be hot at that (so will any competitive board too).

Back