• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5G41-M LX2 Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spiridon69

Hi everyone,
My PC has a ASUS P5G41-M LX2/GB/LPT motherboard and I have
been looking around to find a way to overclock my CPU until i stumbled upon this cool site, right before i was going to buy a new motherboard.

My motherboards bios won't let me tamper with the settings for Overclocking.
(no Jumperfree, no AI tuning)

My bios has the latsest updated version 0501 from ASUS site, below
HTML:
http://support.asus.com/download/downloa...uage=en-us

And this is my Mobo's P5G41-M LX2 Series Manual
http://www.mediafire.com/?47n9codb994olwk

Can sme tell me what I can do?

Last edited:
Possibly w/ either ClockGen or SetFSB, but you'll first need to locate the clock generator, then if available select the appropriate PLL (for example ICS9LPRS918BKL) from the drop-down menu in either program. And your posted links aren't going to work when enclosed in HTML Code tags. They need to be enclosed in URL tags instead.

thank you for your reply, i'll give it a try.
but is software overclocking the only way?
Do you know rougly how much I can squeeze off my Intel E5400 2,7 800fsb with 4G DDR2@800Mhz?
I have a Thermaltake Max Orb for cooling purposes.

Last edited:
tried using the program clock gen, but it doesn't support my pll
don't want to use setfsb cause it don't have voltage tweaks, so I probably won't get a decent overclock

Last edited:
Spiridon I am having same problem, I have the same motherboard and E3300 CPU, want to increase fsb from 200-266 or 320 and can't find way to do it? Can you give me any advice?

Or maybe anybody else can help? There are no options in bios to overclock CPU and there is no PLL support from tweaking software or maybe I couldn't find it. If anybody got any info please help. Thanks

Back